Nachi Cocom -How's the food?

cruznluvr

We were there last week and we both had fajitas (chicken and beef). At best, both were just OK, but we are from the home of fajitas (Texas) so we have much better here. We were sitting too far from anybody else to see what they were eating so cannot comment on other menu items. We both also had Margaritas that were again, just OK. The place is very clean, so I would not worry about getting sick.

The only other issue that we had was that the water in the hot tub was not even warm. Same as the pool water, or close to it. They were busy that day, probably approaching their self-imposed limit of 100 people.

BTW - - If you book through Island Marketing and get the package deal, you will get a wristband that identifies you. We noticed that most of the customers did not have wristbands so I asked the waiter about this. He said that they pay a $20 cover charge and then pay for any item ordered from the menu. If you eat or drink much, the package deal is a better option.

Was the $20.00 cover charge per person?

Yes. But, let me add that I had a little trouble understanding exactly what the waiter was saying. Up till then, I had always understood that all visitors had to make reservation via Island Marketing, which was why I asked the question in the first place. BYW - - They must also have some kind of agreement with a local hotel(s) because my wife said that she heard a person charge their tab to their "room." No hotels nearby that we saw......

I would recommend just booking through Island Marketing to be safe unless someone else jumps in this thread and confirms what my wife and I understood.

It's good, and there's plenty of it. I recommend spreading out your lunch--have your appetizer, wait a while, then soup/salad, wait a while, etc. DW and I split a plate of nachos, then each had a bowl of tortilla soup, then each got a plate of fajitas. We were so full that we couldn't finish our fajitas or order dessert.

Re: hot tub--we were there on 1/29, and it wasn't hot at all when we arrived in the morning. But we came back to it about an hour later and it was very warm. My guess is they turn it on when guests start arriving, or when someone asks for it to be turned on.

Yes. But, let me add that I had a little trouble understanding exactly what the waiter was saying. Up till then, I had always understood that all visitors had to make reservation via Island Marketing, which was why I asked the question in the first place. BYW - - They must also have some kind of agreement with a local hotel(s) because my wife said that she heard a person charge their tab to their "room." No hotels nearby that we saw......

I would recommend just booking through Island Marketing to be safe unless someone else jumps in this thread and confirms what my wife and I understood.

Nachi is owned by Casa Del Mar, which is a hotel located about ten miles north, if you are a guest you can enjoy Nachi for free, or you can email them and do the $20 which is not a bad deal considering they credit the $20 toward your final bill.

I have heard alot of good things about Mr Sanchos, right next to this place. Free to get in and food and drinks are suppose to be very reasonable and good. Lots of things to do cheap........horseback riding, ATV's, parasailing, jet sking. someone told me that they had a 30 minute horseback ride through the jungle and along the beach for just $20.00!! We think we are going to try Mr Sanchos. they have a web site, take a look :)

We were just there on Saturday. I have to say I was very disappointed by this place... I'd read on it for months and I'm sure built it up in my mind quite a bit. I guess the food might be authentic Mexican, but if so, thats not a good thing for me. For appetizer I ordered nachos, dh chicken wings. My "nacho cheese" was just melted shredded cheese that stayed in one big clump over the main part of the plate, was basically solid. Chicken wings had no sauce on them, were very dry. I ordered tacos for my entree, they were too hard for me, definitely nothing special. My husband ordered enchiladas and he said they were decent.

Service was good, they were willing to re-fill drinks whenever. We aren't big drinkers and I'm just not convinced that was the best $100 to spend to have 2 drinks a piece, crappy food and a beautiful beach. Tried to go snorkeling and early in the morning they were all for it. Then around noon he came around and said that they had booked a group to do snorkeling and deep sea fisihing at 1. They offered to have people from a neighboring beach club come get us to go snorkeling, but we just went back to town.

It was a really beautiful uncrowded beach, but just wasn't worth it to us.

We have been there twice. We have always had a fabulous time. Our food has been excellent both times. This time I had enchiladas, hubby had fajitas, my bil had enchiladas and I don't remember what my sis got. And the staff is great. Last time hubby and BIL made 'friends' with the bartender Jose. He was making them a 'special' drink he called a 'Jose' . The day we were there there were only about 15-20 people there. I know we got our $$ worth. I guess it depends on the person or group and the day you are there. I know my dh had the nachos and they were creamy, I always get the guac and chips.

Archived