Curious about how many have kids in another cabin

cuppycakemom

How many of you get your kids their own cabin?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you get your kids their own cabin?

• Yes, we put our kids under 10 in their own cabin
    • Yes, we put our kids 11-15 in their own cabin
    • Yes, we put our kids 16+ in their own cabin
    • Nope. Our kids bunk with us.

I would feel comfortable with an adjoining cabin with older kids.

My sister-in-law is an extremely responsible 13-year old -- I would have absolutely NO problems with her in an adjoining room. I wouldn't be comfortable having my son in an adjoining room -- as he is only two... lol.

Due to a past experience in my own teen years, I am admittedly overprotective. I wouldn't feel comfortable with a seperate room that was not adjoined. My concerns do not surround the trust of the child/teen so much as the possible vulnerability of them being seperated from the family unit. I know that there are plenty of responsible kids out there -- I was one of them and my SIL is one too.

I am not judging others who do -- as I said, I am overprotective. :)

On our last cruise, we put our 2 boys 12 and 14 with my husband and my DD -8 and I shared the other cabin. It worked out great. He kept an eye on them making sure they followed the rules ect. and did not stay up all night watching TV. DD and I had some girl time and always had a tidy cabin and bathroom LOL:D . My poor husband had to deal with my sons and the change of clothes that ended on the floor. They changed at least 3 times a day, wet towels and messy bathroom. I felt bad for the room steward. However, we tipped him well. We will be cruising again in the fall and will be doing the same.

We have connecting cabins reserved, and one will be for my daughter and myself and the other for my son and husband. We'll probably always keep the connecting door open (unless we're dressing) and treat it as one 'big' cabin.

Putting a 17 year old girl and 14 year old boy in the same cabin so my husband and I can be together just isn't going to happen...ever. Even when we all share one hotel room its the "Girls Bed" and "Boys Bed", so DH and I are used to being separated on family vacations.

We went with connecting cabins on this trip to get two bathrooms and added space without spending the extra $$ for a larger stateroom or suite.

Me and my sister have had our own rooms since I was 10 and she was 12. When we were that young, we were next door, didn't always have connecting though. Once I got older, we would still try to get next door, but it didn't always happen, so sometimes we were across the hall or a few doors down. Not that big a deal, you just book with one adult in each room.

I didn't answer because none of the choices were accurate for us...yes, we always put the kids in their own cabin, even when they were younger, BUT...only if the cabins are interconnected...if interconnected cabins (or at least interconnected balconies, now that the kids are older) are not available, we don't book the cruise.

We cruised last summer with our three, than ages 3, 5 & the oldest turned 8 on board. We don't fit in one cabin.

Celebrity was very helpful. They even *removed* one of the doors for us when it got in the way (the door in their room was hard to walk around, we left ours' in place).

Once, on a land vacation, they couldn't get us connecting rooms. We were across the hall from one another and we split. I stayed with the two girls and my dh with our son. Not recommended!

We went on our first cruise this year and our DS-12 and DD-9 were in the cabin next door, but it was not a connecting room. I was nervous at first, but it worked out fine. We always went to bed at the same time, so we were always next door, not out and about on the ship. We also made sure that we always had one of their room keys. INHO the best part was having an extra bathroom for showering and getting ready. I would definately do it again!

I also have 3 children. Their ages are 12, 9 and 2. The 12 year old and the 9 year old are not the same gender, so they don't share beds.

We don't all fit in one cabin! There's not enough beds. So, on our cruise next month, we have connecting balconies. On our cruise in the summer, we have a suite and an inside. It was actually cheaper to book the inside than to book 4 of us in the suite. We will likely all sleep in the suite which does have enough beds for the 4 of us.

I'm one of those people that answered the survey - that my kids 7,7, and 11 will have their own room (we're sailing RCL Radiance on 2/16) - HOWEVER, it is a connecting cabin, which it doesn't differentiate between on the survey. We've done this before - and we keep the connecting door open at all times. It was less expensive than a suite to hold 5 people, plus we get an extra bathroom.

We got connecting cabins and put our son (3) and daughter (19 months - in crib) in the second cabin. I 'babyproofed' the doors so the kids weren't capable of opening the cabin door or balcony door. The only way in and out of our two cabins was through our door.

I brought a baby monitor which allowed us to hear the kids even when the connecting door was closed. This allowed us to talk freely without waking up the kids during their naps or after they went to bed, but allowed us to hear every sound.

There was no other baby proofing we had to do in their cabin other than having the coffee table removed. It was perfect.

Basically we created a two room suite for ourselves. It was expensive though. We paid for 4 full passengers.

I took my daughters, ages 6 and 4 at the time, on a 5-night RCI cruise last year. We got connecting rooms and had the girls in one, DW and I in the other. It worked out great, no problem. We weren't concerned about them wandering out at night, and bolted their front door. The door connecting the rooms was always open or ajar. They got a big kick out of having their own room, even though really it was just like a two-room suite. The difference between having two rooms vs. 4 of us in one room was only about $80.

It worked out so well, we're doing it again this year on Disney Wonder when they will be 8 and 6. The difference between having two rooms vs. 4 of us in one room will be about $230.

I wouldn't put them in their own room if it wasn't connecting until they were much older.

We've got a family of 6 - for our upcoming cruise we've got my husband and 6 year old booked in a balcony cabin, and me with our kids, 15, 12 & 8 across the hall. We will have the kids sleep in the interior room - my 15 is very responsible and we will be right there if they need us. I do like the baby monitor idea - will these work well on a cruise ship with nearby rooms?

We are traveling with 2 teens(13 & 17), but at just $299 each when they share our room, we are definately sharing our balcony room for our 10-day. We have a pull-out sofa chair for the girl and a drop-down bunk for the boy. Has anyone else done this, or are we crazy?

Last year we traveled with 4 of the kids (the little guys 6&7) shared our balcony cabin. At the last minute I was able to get a good deal and my older two 17 & 20 joined us (they don't live at home)....I reserved "any" interior cabin - they were a floor below us...same end of the ship. I think this was "officially" booked with me in their cabin. I wasn't worried at all...my 20 year old is a world traveler and my son has been all over the country - both very responsible kids.

This year we'll have two more little ones with us (3,4, 7,8,18 & 21) - my husband must have a balcony and I since I didn't want to spend the additional $700-800 on an adjoining balcony we got an interior directly across the hall for some of the kids. We haven't decided exactly how everyone will be divided yet (and I believe my husband and I are officially in separate rooms). Wish we could have gotten the extra balcony room but it wasn't work the $$ for us....we'll enjoy the private boat charter on Belize instead......

Enjoy!!

ps.....snoopygirl.....that's a great deal - I'd have everyone sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag if they'd let us!...Can I ask where you're going and on what line?

We don't spend alot of time in our rooms....as long as my husband has his balcony for reading I'm sure everyone will find a comfortable spot for sleeping (and since I've added up our shore trips at about $1000 right now...the extra $7-800 will come in handy)

We are traveling with 2 teens(13 & 17), but at just $299 each when they share our room, we are definately sharing our balcony room for our 10-day. We have a pull-out sofa chair for the girl and a drop-down bunk for the boy. Has anyone else done this, or are we crazy?

My sister and I (we were 20 and 21 then, respectively) shared a balcony room on our last cruise while mom and grandma stayed in an interior across the hall (we had previously stayed in suites on all of our other cruises) and we would have had plenty of room had we decided to share (but then my sister and I would have taken the sofa bed and the upper bunk...but that's how we stayed on all of our other cruises and we were used to it).

We like it better with two rooms now just for having two bathrooms (and my sister and I are both adults and enjoy a bit more freedom), but it's definitely feasible and not crazy to share a room.

Archived