Country Club

obxer

Doe anyone have any info about Cozumel Country Club or golf on Cozumel?

We're playing there when we're in Cozumel on the Voyager in March. If you scroll down a few pages I had posted a similar question about a month ago and heard from a person who has played there several times.

We ended up booking through the ship. Prices going directly through the courses (we're playing in Jamaica also) were the same or higher than taking the ship's excursion, and since the excursion includes transportation we decided to go that route.

When is your cruise? If you're going after the end of March I can check back after our trip.

That isn't good news for the marine environment. :( Fertilizer runoff.

Talked to a tourist here at PB about 3 years ago who managed golf courses in the States about fertilizer runoff. He says that fertilizer is expensive and that they don't just go around spreading it cluelessly. He said that they spread the amount of fertilizer that they know will get absorbed quickly, and of course they check the weather forecasts to make sure that the rain won't wipe out their efforts. He said it was down to a finely managed science and that runoff is not much of a threat (or words to that efect). Hope it's true!

We're playing there when we're in Cozumel on the Voyager in March. If you scroll down a few pages I had posted a similar question about a month ago and heard from a person who has played there several times.

We ended up booking through the ship. Prices going directly through the courses (we're playing in Jamaica also) were the same or higher than taking the ship's excursion, and since the excursion includes transportation we decided to go that route.

When is your cruise? If you're going after the end of March I can check back after our trip.

Going week of may 11. Let us know how you liked Cozumel Country club and any tips/pointers you can share. It's a first time experience for us.

Thanks

Archived