Aft Rooms

denali99

We went to Alaska this past summer on Royal Caribbean in a corner aft. It was my first aft.. I will never have anything else. We are booked on Miracle Feb 2009 and have a corner aft with the wrap around balcony. You can see so much...

We had our first aft balcony on the Glory in '06 and it was really nice. I think the balcony is a little deeper than the side cabins and you cannot beat the view...180 degrees unobstructed. It was a nice to have our very own place to stand outside and watch as we pulled into and out of ports. We were on Empress deck right in the middle of the back of the ship. It was also really convenient to catch the aft elevators right up to the Lido deck to go get pizza or whatever.

Just had cabin 4228 on the Miracle and LOVED it. I did notice that when the seas were rough(er) you notice the motion back there more...but we had some pretty crappy weather.

And the location to the elevators, like the previous poster said is great.

Most people really like the aft cabins...we did aft this past summer on Carnival Destiny...a lot like the Conquest. Personally, (just my opinion of course)...but I like the side cabins better. We have done 3 side balconies and 1 aft now...and I liked the side. Most love the back...but to me...I just felt like I could never see where we were going. Only behind us! I guess I just like to see what's coming up! The balcony is larger though...but your neighbors can see right in your balcony. NOT necessarily a bad thing. In all of our previous cruises...we never really met or knew our side roomates (if you will)...but on the Aft cabin...WE DID get to know them. Everytime you come in our out of port...during sail aways...you tend to be standing right there next to each other...so you DO meet your neighbors. (Whether you like that or not...is up to you!)

• 2 weeks later...

People keep mentioning the lack of privacy for the aft balconies. They say your neighbors can see right into your balcony. What does this mean exactly? Are the dividers translucent or can your neighbors just stick their heads around and be nosey? We are in our first aft cabin - 9A wrap on Conguest in April and would like privacy. Thanks for the help.

People keep mentioning the lack of privacy for the aft balconies. They say your neighbors can see right into your balcony. What does this mean exactly? Are the dividers translucent or can your neighbors just stick their heads around and be nosey? We are in our first aft cabin - 9A wrap on Conguest in April and would like privacy. Thanks for the help.
The reference in this case is to upstairs neighbors, not side neighbors.

This is the side of the Carnival Glory. Note how the top of each balcony is full length ...

Glory-starboardside.jpg

This is the left rear 9A balcony on deck seven of the Carnival Glory ...

7440cat9Abalcony.jpg

And this is looking toward the center of the ship ...

7444balcony.jpg

Do you see how the top of the balcony is not full length? It allows more sunlight onto the balcony. It also allows people with eyes to look down and see you on your balcony.

This is the side of the Carnival Glory. Note how the top of each balcony is full length ...

Glory-starboardside.jpg

7440cat9Abalcony.jpg

And this is looking toward the center of the ship ...

7444balcony.jpg

Do you see how the top of the balcony is not full length? It allows more sunlight onto the balcony. It also allows people with eyes to look down and see you on your balcony.

Glory-starboardside.jpg

7440cat9Abalcony.jpg

And this is looking toward the center of the back of the ship ...

7444balcony.jpg

We had a aft on Truimph in Dec it is very nice and lots more room on the balcony however we had the veranda aft highest aft u can get and it rained everyday if not everynight everything always wet TS Olga was her name. Hope you will have better luck:o .Also not much privacy but we still had a crazie time. :D

Thanks for the help! Don't know why I thought people meant next door neighbors could see into your balcony instead of those above. Thanks for clearing that up. We are on aft balcony deck 6 on a Conquest class ship and will be happy to have the privacy on our deck.

Your next door nieghbor can see into your balcony. Look at cuizer2s last picture again, they are in thier own balcony standing at the railing. You can clearly see 80% of the next balcony and thats without being very nosey. There is an advantage though, makes for great sail away parties back there!:D

Just had cabin 4228 on the Miracle and LOVED it. I did notice that when the seas were rough(er) you notice the motion back there more...but we had some pretty crappy weather.

And the location to the elevators, like the previous poster said is great.

IrizitWe have 4228 on the Miracle in less than 2 weeks. Did this suite have more than one electrical outlet or did it have only 1 for the 3 rooms.

Also, did you need a bungee cord to keep the balcony door open?

Anything else we need to know for this suite.

Thanks

Archived