First Cruise

OHIOTEAMSTER

how dressed up do i have to get for formal nite

I dont know if your male or female..but guessing by your name, Id say male..if thats the case..Some lines are dressier than others...but, Ive seen people wear VERY dressy to informal..for a man, you can wear a tux, or a dark suit. If you dont own either one of those and wish, you can wear a really nice shirt and nice pair of pants. If you own a tie, throw that on...some people will tell you only a suit or tux, but Ive seen it all on all ships. I personally dont really care, but there are those that will..if you care what others think, wear the suit :) Just NO jeans or shorts! IF, I was mistaken and you are female...some thing goes for ladies..some will be dressed to the nines, and some wont...I have worn long formal dresses, to a nice dress that I would wear to church..now I usually wear dressy black pants and a very dressy, glitzy type top..the appropriate jewerly will dress just about anything up! Hope this helps. Have fun on your cruise! Dot

I dont know if your male or female..but guessing by your name, Id say male..if thats the case..Some lines are dressier than others...but, Ive seen people wear VERY dressy to informal..for a man, you can wear a tux, or a dark suit. If you dont own either one of those and wish, you can wear a really nice shirt and nice pair of pants. If you own a tie, throw that on...some people will tell you only a suit or tux, but Ive seen it all on all ships. I personally dont really care, but there are those that will..if you care what others think, wear the suit :) Just NO jeans or shorts! IF, I was mistaken and you are female...some thing goes for ladies..some will be dressed to the nines, and some wont...I have worn long formal dresses, to a nice dress that I would wear to church..now I usually wear dressy black pants and a very dressy, glitzy type top..the appropriate jewerly will dress just about anything up! Hope this helps. Have fun on your cruise! Dot

that about covered it....have fun......

This is all we get on this one? Is everybody asleep? I'd say you are going on a Carnvial cruise right? Since this is where you asked the question. That being said Carnivial is the least effective of all the cruise lines enforcing their own dress suggestions. Some lines do , some not so much.

If you want to fit in with the majority of your fellow cruise passengers and not be looked down upon by fellow CC members here you should lean towards the middle with a simple coat and tie of any color or combination. Some want a matching coat and pants others pretend they are teeing off that night with lime green jacket and canary yellow pants with tassle cleat shoes with the cleats left in the room. If you show up in a nice pocket Tshirt that does not say "My Momma XXXX" and your jeans are not with holes and tears you will be allowed in on formal night but and I say but in a nice way, Carnival does provide alternate dining on Formal nights for those that choose to not dress up for the ocassion on the Lido deck buffet which will have much of the same menu items. It's an expense they do for these people that we that do dress up have to pay extra for even though we don't eat there.

You don't have to wear a gown, formal nights aren't exactly what most of us are used to when attending a formal event, a little less subdued... but many to go all out. I generally dress more formal on the first formal night, and generally a cocktail dress on the second. You will see everything from nice "church-wear" to full length gowns and tuxes... and everything in between.

Archived