Kids Programs By Cruise Line

Jgomez65

For those parents cruising with their kids, I just compiled a list of the programs that are available for children (by age group) on each of the cruise lines (Royal Caribbean, Disney, Carnival, Princess, Holland America, Norwegian and Costa)

The list includes which cruises offer babysitting services, and how much it cost.

The list is here

Let me know if anyone has additional information, so I can update it.

Thanks for the link.

But I have a question for anyone who has cruised Carnival.

Is there a play area on board where babies (mine is 9 months) can play in? I know there are not any supervised programs with the staff...but I was wondering if there was a general play area where we could let me play??

Thanks.

Do you mind if I make some corrections (please don't hate me I just want to put the correct info out there)?

You might want to actually divide it by ages. Instead of having 0-3, you might want to write what is available for each age group by cruseline and divide it by those age groups.

For instance...

RCCL

Under 36 months - Aqua Babies and Aqua Tots 45 minute sessions by Fisher Price. Parents MUST attend

1 and Over - In-Cabin Babysitting available for $10/hour. It's not guaranteed. First come, first serve basis

3-5 - Aquanauts - Child must be 3 and 100% potty trained. Babysitting available after 10pm for $6/1st child, $4/each addtl

6-8 - Explorers (list the activities)

9-11 -Voyagers (list activities)

12-14 Navigators (list activities)

15-17 Teens (list activities)

Three ships in the RCCL fleet have a Baby Zone water play area for non-potty trained infants/toddlers. The ships are Freedom/Liberty/Independence of the Seas

Carnival

Under 2's - a few hours/day/night that they have pay per hour babysitting at Camp Carnival for Under 2's.

2-5 Camp Carnival staff will change diapers and parents receive a pager. (List activities)

6-8 (List Activities)

9-11 (List Activities)

12-14 (List Activities)

15-17 (List Activities)

No water play areas for diapered tots onboard the CCL ships

Awesome resource! Princess Pelicans is ages 3-7. When I saw your listing of 4-7, I panicked, thinking of my 3.5 year old and our upcoming cruise. But I double checked the Princess site and he'll be fine!

Yeah that's what I meant with my suggestion too. If parents see kids listed as 0-3 then 4-7, they'll think that's the way the groups are divided. ;)

I tried to make it as closed to the age range as possible. It gest confusing at times, because some cruise lines even have subgroups withing the age range.

Perhaps what I'd do is to post the link to the websites with the specific information from each cruise.

Hopefully that'll make it less confusing.

Thank you for the suggestions

Thank you for the useful post.

I would also like to add something about the children's program on the Queen Mary 2 (Cunard Line). I know they are not regarded as a family ship, but the QM2 at least has a great nursery. I have sailed the ship twice with my son (he was 2 the first time and 3 the second). They will watch children as young as 6-12 months for you and they will even change diapers!!! That wasn't issue the last time we sailed but it was the first time I took my son aboard.

The children's area is open from 9 am to 12 midnight most sea days with breaks for lunch and dinner. It is a brightly decorated space with lots of toys. During the day they have organized activities for the kids--art projects, scanvenger hunts that sort of thing. The staff is fabulous--our last cruise was 10 days and I had a chance to observe and speak with them and they are all well-trained and used to dealing with small children.

I can't say exactly what the program for older children is like but the parents with older children also seemed happy.

Ginger

What a great resource. Fantastic idea. Thanks for putting this together.

We are interested in a Celebrity right now because they have Admiral T's for 13 to 15 year olds which will be our 3 daughter's age group. If anyone has information on Admiral T's I would appreciate it very much.

Karysa

Thanks for information. However,

Anyone has any idea about the kid program in HAL? I will have my 1st HAL cruise on 07-08 to Alaska with my 10 and 15. They like the Disney cruise we sail before, but I know it is hard to compare these 2 cruise line.

Any information will help :D

Thanks for information. However,

Anyone has any idea about the kid program in HAL? I will have my 1st HAL cruise on 07-08 to Alaska with my 10 and 15. They like the Disney cruise we sail before, but I know it is hard to compare these 2 cruise line.

Any information will help :D

Holland America was listed on there 4th, or were you looking for more/other information than that?

Holland America was listed on there 4th, or were you looking for more/other information than that?

Hopefully I can get some information from prior HAL Alaska cruiser how the kid's program in HAL during the summer time. Thanks :o

Hopefully I can get some information from prior HAL Alaska cruiser how the kid's program in HAL during the summer time. Thanks :o

We sailed HAL Noordam during the February school vacation last year. My girls are seasoned cruisers and had a good time, but I wasn't really impressed with their facilities. There were 300 kids under 17 on our sailing and the staff and facilities seemed to be overwhelmed.

Also, the other pax on the ship were very anti-child. The last straw for me was when this older woman yelled at my then 4 yo for laughing in the hallway outside our cabin one day. My daughter was just in tears about it, she's very sensitive. I told my daughter she was fine, she wasn't doing anything wrong. It was the woman who had a problem.

I am not telling you this to upset you. I wish I had known beforehand what to expect. I know I won't be sailing HAL again anytime soon, but hope you have a much better experience.

We sailed HAL Noordam during the February school vacation last year. My girls are seasoned cruisers and had a good time, but I wasn't really impressed with their facilities. There were 300 kids under 17 on our sailing and the staff and facilities seemed to be overwhelmed.

Also, the other pax on the ship were very anti-child. The last straw for me was when this older woman yelled at my then 4 yo for laughing in the hallway outside our cabin one day. My daughter was just in tears about it, she's very sensitive. I told my daughter she was fine, she wasn't doing anything wrong. It was the woman who had a problem.

I am not telling you this to upset you. I wish I had known beforehand what to expect. I know I won't be sailing HAL again anytime soon, but hope you have a much better experience.

Thanks for your information. It helps :eek:. You also confirm what my DW learned from other forums about the “ANTI-CHILD”. We are kind of worry:(, but since we are in the group cruise so I hate to drop. I will talk to my DD (15) and DS (11) so they know what to expect. Again, thanks for the info.

Thank you so much Jgomez65 - this list is incredible.

My family is thinking about taking our 1st cruise. We will be traveling with our 7 year old and our 1 year old. I know there are restrictions around swim diapers in the pool. Your list says that the Disney pool for 0-3 year olds has a special filtration system but the Disney website is vague (it says they can go in the sprinkler area but doesn't elaborate). Do you have any details on this? I would hate to deprive my older child because my little one can't go in the pool.

All in all, does Disney seem like the best choice for the "littlest" of kids?

Thanks a lot!

Archived