Make sure check credit card statement post-cruise

tofuyan

Just want to remind you all to check your credit card statement after the cruise. NCL had overcharged me $49.02 for just drinking a diet coke from the mini-bar the last night. I had called them at first, and they said that they would take care of it after 2 billing cycles. I also filed a claim with my credit card company. I just received the resolution yesterday with a bogus answer from NCL. This was their answer. "Dear Merchant services ___ sailed onboard the Pride of Hawaii under reservation # ______. The amount disputed $___ represents partial payment towards the total of all onboard expenses, incurred by the passenger (s) while sailing. Please see attached folio with signature. The final invoice is given to the passengers the night before disembarking, allowing the passenters to resolve any issues with charges. All discrepancies must be brought to the attention of the Onboard Accountants prior to disembarking the ship. Failure to do so will constitute acceptance of all charges. Bases on this information and the fact that there was no discrepancy noted, no refund/credit is due to the cardholder.

Why was this a bogus answer?

1. Our reservation # was not the one that stated on the letter

2. The invoice that was given to passengers the night before disembarking is the Preliminary Invoice not the Final invoice. I was totally fine with the preliminary invoice and had no problems with it. So I did not have to dispute of any discrepancies at that time.

The problem is that they had billed me $49.02 for drinking only 1 Diet Coke which was ridiculous.

Now I have to deal with this dispute. So much wasted time spent on this.

So make sure you all check your credit card statements so that they will not overcharge you for something you did not eat/drink/do.

:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck with your cc dispute. I have work for the #1 CC issuer and my job is exactly that credit card disputes. You would not believe what I see and what people dispute. Final bills from Cruise ships are very difficutl to resolve since they should be handled before you leave the ship. Always keep your receipts for everything.

Archived