Going to Banister Caye or Caulker Caye from the Granduer of the Sea

snorkler

We are going on the Granduer of the Sea out of Tampa on February 9 and will be in Belize on the 12th. We are in port 7am to 4pm. Would like to go to Caulker Caye or Banister Caye with Coral Breeze but I am kind of worried about the 4 hour and 45 minute time frame. I spoke to Mark from Coral Breeze and he said they leave at 10am so that wouldnt bring us back till almost 3pm and the ship leaves at 4pm. The other two ship in that day, the Sun and the Glory both get in at 8am and leave at 5. It sounded like most of the people on the excursion to Caulker Caye were from those ships. Has anyone been on the Granduer and gone with Coral Breeze? Was there any problem getting back to the tender in time. Last time we were there we went cave tubing and had to run to get the last tender back to the ship.

We are going on the Granduer of the Sea out of Tampa on February 9 and will be in Belize on the 12th. We are in port 7am to 4pm. Would like to go to Caulker Caye or Banister Caye with Coral Breeze but I am kind of worried about the 4 hour and 45 minute time frame. I spoke to Mark from Coral Breeze and he said they leave at 10am so that wouldnt bring us back till almost 3pm and the ship leaves at 4pm. The other two ship in that day, the Sun and the Glory both get in at 8am and leave at 5. It sounded like most of the people on the excursion to Caulker Caye were from those ships. Has anyone been on the Granduer and gone with Coral Breeze? Was there any problem getting back to the tender in time. Last time we were there we went cave tubing and had to run to get the last tender back to the ship.

Hi,

We'll be in Belize on 2/26 with the Glory. We are also looking at going to Bannister with Coral Breeze but the timeframe makes us nervous. Remember ship time is one hour ahead of Belize time. I too spoke with Mark and he assured me he would have us back in time. But we think its a bit risky. Think for this one, we're going to book with the cruiseline.

Enjoy your cruise!

We did that tour in July on the Glory. We were back in plenty of time. Heni and the other guides watch the clock very carefully. We loved it so much we are repeating it in 2 weeks on the Valor. The guides are fantastic and the excursion is awesome. It will be a day you will always remember! We had time to enjoy a drink at the Wet Lizard before boarding the tender to return to the ship.

;) Thanks Coral Gables Guy!!! I Appreciate The Info. I E Mailed Them To Get More Info. Do You Remember How Much The Excursion Was? You Mentioned They Picked You Up At The Ship...you Mean They Come Out To The Ship To Get You And You Dont Have To Tender To The Village? Sounds Great!

Archived