snorkel in Cozumel or Nassua?

kinsella5

We're on the Glory cruise of March 8th. Which port would we be better off snorkeling at Cozumel or Nassua? We were thinking of the Beach Club excursion which would have us snorkeling from the shore to the Chankanaab reef or the sailing and snorkeling excursion at Nassau. Which would you recommend? Also is the water very cold at this time of year? Thank you for your help!!!!!

We're on the Glory cruise of March 8th. Which port would we be better off snorkeling at Cozumel or Nassua? We were thinking of the Beach Club excursion which would have us snorkeling from the shore to the Chankanaab reef or the sailing and snorkeling excursion at Nassau. Which would you recommend? Also is the water very cold at this time of year? Thank you for your help!!!!!

Hi,

I personally like the sailing and snorkeling excursion at Nassau. They usually go to "thunderball reef", as in where the underwater scenes were filmed for the James Bond movie by the same name. The reefs are in fairly good condition and the water is warm (high 70's) and gin clear. I've snorkeled at Chankanaab reef, along with a gillion other people, and I think the Nassau reefs are better. Plus in Cozumel you can do a lot of shopping where Nassau is 4-5 blocks worth (But keep in mind that I'm a bit jadded on this as I've been to Nassau dozens of times and pretty much have done/seen everything).

Randall

Thanks for the information - which sailing company have you gone with? I was looking at barefoot sailing but I've read a few reports of them being rude and disorganized.....My family all liked the idea of sailing on an actual sailboat and not a cat. I'd appreciate any information....

Archived