Comments that give me a chuckle

marysb

What the heck is sausage gravy?????? It sounds revolting!

I wouldn't mind seeing poutine on the menu for lunch, but I doubt that's happening anytime soon!

Oh my...Sausage gravy is by no means revolting...It is basically shortening, flour, pork sausage bits and milk. Sounds gross but tastes yummy.

And grits to answer the other question are made from hominy. If you know what hominy is you are smarter then me. I look at grits as a delivery mechanism for butter and syrup

Poutine...it's nasty but it tastes great!!!. French firies and gravey with grated cheese on top!!

Sya what you want about the spring breakers, -they sure clean up well at dinner...the girls look gorgeous in their new little dresses and the military uniforms on formal night....pretty nice.

A real poutine has a special kind of cheese and definitely not grated cheese (I just hate when they serve it with grated cheese, it just doesn't taste nearly as good). But I'm from Quebec, where the poutine was born.

Pride of Aloha Review:

"It is a OLD VERY OLD Motel ^6 floating on water"

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=35725

This is in a review that goes on and on about everything bad with the Pride of Aloha. Oh yeah, it also says the dress was Hawaiian casual and not elegant. I wonder why it would be Hawaiian casual in HAWAII?

This whole review made me laugh. If things were as bad as she says, the passengers would have overtaken the crew and a mutiny would have ensued!

I love this thread. I also read about the sleepwalker.

There was another post that asked about life jackets for her children off the ship while she was tendering and walking around.

Some poster said that she should keep her kids in a lifejacket the whole cruise as to not take any chances. I almost peed myself.

This is great!

A real poutine has a special kind of cheese and definitely not grated cheese (I just hate when they serve it with grated cheese, it just doesn't taste nearly as good). But I'm from Quebec, where the poutine was born.

yep jp2001, it is cheese curds (like in little miss muffett eating her curds and whey). Which is the cheese when it is fresh and in little pieces, before they press it together and age it to make a block.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm... cheese curds... Outside of Quebec, I've never had them 'right'!

I did see biscuits and gravy on the menu the two times I ate in Versailles for breakfast last month, so I guess they're getting easier to find! :p (still no poutine though!)

I don't think I could begin to list all the comments I find funny. I love the one about the sound of water! I also read one that said that when they boarded, there was WATER on their balcony!!!!! Seriously! Apparently, one of the metal pieces that bolted their balcony railing had some rust on it, and... yes... there was WATER!!! I don't know what the world is coming to when there is water on the balcony of a cruise ship. :p I can't imagine how it got there!!!

What comments I find interesting are the: "I haven't sailed with NCL, but I know that I wouldn't like it because...

...I don't like Freestyle."

...I want to "get to know" my waitstaff."

...there are always long waits for dinner."

...you have to pay extra for good food."

...NCL is the Kmart/Motel 6/ McDonalds of cruise lines."

My first NCL cruise is coming up.

I wouldn't have the nerve to criticize any line without ever having tried it.

I did a search and I can't find this one so I am not sure it was on this board or another website. One of the funniest comments I ever heard was a woman from the midwest who asked what the currency was in Hawaii. The sad part is she was dead serious when she asked the question.

I did a search and I can't find this one so I am not sure it was on this board or another website. One of the funniest comments I ever heard was a woman from the midwest who asked what the currency was in Hawaii. The sad part is she was dead serious when she asked the question.

Hawaiians just love it when people ask what language is spoken in Hawaii, too. :eek:

Hawaiians just love it when people ask what language is spoken in Hawaii, too. :eek:

Well now wait a sec...As many Hawaiians that speak Pidgin...I can sort of understand this question if you have hung out with the locals all day ;)

Of course if you are a tourist you ain't gonna hang out with the locals all day

:D

Well now wait a sec...As many Hawaiians that speak Pidgin...I can sort of understand this question if you have hung out with the locals all day ;)

Of course if you are a tourist you ain't gonna hang out with the locals all day

:D

Eh, Brah! No talk trash my ohana! ;) :D

It looks like I'm going to be forced to invite everyone down here to "Jaw-ja" for some good cuisine! ;)

Sausage gravy and grits are staples here! And don't forget fried green tomatoes :p (part of that weird movie was filmed about 15 miles from here at the Whistle Stop Cafe in Juliette, GA).

We can even get into some fat back, jowls, and pig's feet if ya'll want to! For formal night, we'll have possum burgoo!

YYYYUUUUMMMM!!!!

(Don - I did try the biscuits and gravy for breakfast once on the Spirit -- I could feel my poor old granny spinning in her grave!)

Sea Hound:D

Me thinking about you almost peeing yourself, makes me almost do the same! That's funny ! We had someone drop their shorts in the glass elevator as it was on it's way up while we were in port, and someone said " what's that ?" and I said, " it's MOON over MIAMI !" we all got a good laugh, I hope you do to?

(Don - I did try the biscuits and gravy for breakfast once on the Spirit -- I could feel my poor old granny spinning in her grave!)

Sea Hound:D

First off you have to have the right type of breakfast sausage (which they dont). For me it just was not spiced up right. Got to add the pepper to it folks.

Dave

• Administrators
If they sail out of New Orleans they better have. Actually the Spirit had oatmeal, grits or Cream of Wheat.

Dave

So did the Pride of Hawaii! :) Grits, by the way, is ground corn -- it's just another way to serve a grain/cereal, similar to polenta (also made from corn), oatmeal, cream of wheat, and so forth.

Wow now I feel really old:D I didn't realize ripped jeans were back in! Were you a spring breaker or just happen to be on the cruise??? I've always wondered what it's like to be on a spring break week cruise???

No, I am many years past being a spring breaker but my kids spring break was at the same time so we cruised with at least 1500 college kids. (the remaining passengers were a mixed bag of everything else.

Yes, ripped jeans are back....or who knows, maybe they're already back out again...can't keep up. My DD15 fell and ripped her jeans at the knee and a week later the rip with so much bigger. It may be a teen status symbol but I have no idea because I am OLD (as far as my kids are concerned) :D

And as far as being on a cruise on a spring break week? Interesting, very interesting...and at times entertaining :) We have no choice but to cruise this week if we don't want to take the kids out of school but we have learned to choose our cruises a little more carefully. We always have a good time no matter what! :)

The recent post about the "mustard drill" tickled me. I'm bringing hot dogs to ours if anybody wants to bring the buns.

Sausage Gravy. YUM!!! Use Jimmie Dean spicy sausage in a pinch if you don't know how to make your own and hit it with some extra cayenne. The biscuits have to be from scratch to make it taste best!

Love french fries with gravy, but never had it with curd. Sounds good. Down here we do french fry po-boys "dressed" - french bread, french fries, roast beef gravy, lettuce, tomatoes, mayo and a few pickle slices. Aaaaiiieeeeee dat's good yeah, cher!

Wow, jeans actually ripped by your daughter and not some underpaid workers in overseas sweatshops? Hard to know whether that would make her a nerd or cool. I thought you had to buy the jeans pre-ripped.:D

Every "teen" store sells fake "athletic" gear -- sweatpants with "faded" grunged up lettering purporting to be from "Aeropostale University Athletic Dept." (or whatever). But my 13 y.o. daughter won't be caught dead in stuff she ACTUALLY plays basketball in, except on the court. Go figure.

I wouldn't mind seeing poutine on the menu for lunch, but I doubt that's happening anytime soon!

Mmmmmm.....poutine! Originated in ma belle province. It makes a great hangover food, not that it happens often (and not that there's anything wrong with it :D)

Grumpycajun.....your po-boys sound right up my alley! I HAVE to come to LA

Sundercruiser....I feel your pain :).

The recent post about the "mustard drill" tickled me. I'm bringing hot dogs to ours if anybody wants to bring the buns.

Sausage Gravy. YUM!!! Use Jimmie Dean spicy sausage in a pinch if you don't know how to make your own and hit it with some extra cayenne. The biscuits have to be from scratch to make it taste best!

Love french fries with gravy, but never had it with curd. Sounds good. Down here we do french fry po-boys "dressed" - french bread, french fries, roast beef gravy, lettuce, tomatoes, mayo and a few pickle slices. Aaaaiiieeeeee dat's good yeah, cher!

I see you beat me to it about the French Fry Po-boys.

JimmyJames

Archived