Comments that give me a chuckle

marysb

a staple here and in Quebec. Even some fast food restaurants have it on the menu as a 'regional' item.

You can look at it two ways 1. food of the gods or 2. heart attack on a plate.

Fresh cut french fries, covered with cheese curds (fresh cheese, very mild yum yum) and covered with real gravy (not that sauage kind!!LOL). I tried to add a photo, so we will see what happens.

Oh yeah, and what are grits made from??

Hm...I love all the components, but I don't think I'd like them all together. For a long time, we had trouble finding cheese curds locally. Fortunately, they've been "rediscovered" in CA. Yum! (BTW, what kind of gravy? Beef or poultry? These are important things to know.)

Once in a while, I enjoy buttermilk biscuits with a chicken or port sausage patty and then leftover chicken gravy on top. It's not sausage gravy, but I still get my sausage fix. I've never been terribly fond of most sausage gravies because they are so salty.

beachchick

I read a post about a year ago where someone complained that it was not breezy enough on the top decks. He felt the captain should have increased the speed of the ship to cause more of a breeze. He went on to say if the increased speed caused the ship to get to the next port too quickly then the captain should just circle around until it was time to dock. I swear I'm not making this up. It was either on the RCCL or Princess board.

Hm...I love all the components, but I don't think I'd like them all together. For a long time, we had trouble finding cheese curds locally. Fortunately, they've been "rediscovered" in CA. Yum! (BTW, what kind of gravy? Beef or poultry? These are important things to know.)beachchick

Beef gravy and the cheese curds are cheddar (usually it is the white cheese curds) and fresh cut fries (not frozen) and as Sandyrella said "hangover food". Poutine is best from the chip wagon at 2am lol or just for lunch. I have to tell you I really don't eat it more than once a year, as much as I love fries and gravy, the cheese curds put it over the top. LOL

The recent post about the "mustard drill" tickled me. I'm bringing hot dogs to ours if anybody wants to bring the buns.

Sausage Gravy. YUM!!! Use Jimmie Dean spicy sausage in a pinch if you don't know how to make your own and hit it with some extra cayenne. The biscuits have to be from scratch to make it taste best!

Love french fries with gravy, but never had it with curd. Sounds good. Down here we do french fry po-boys "dressed" - french bread, french fries, roast beef gravy, lettuce, tomatoes, mayo and a few pickle slices. Aaaaiiieeeeee dat's good yeah, cher!

I want to come visit you!!:D

You laugh, but yes, they have grits and they are fabulous!!!!! I don't get them much up here in New England and I try to stay away from real bacon at home, so all year I look forward to mixing NCL's super crispy bacon into my grits on my cruise! Yum!!! A real treat.

They sell grits here in NJ at the grocery stores.

Hm...I love all the components, but I don't think I'd like them all together. For a long time, we had trouble finding cheese curds locally. Fortunately, they've been "rediscovered" in CA. Yum! (BTW, what kind of gravy? Beef or poultry? These are important things to know.)

Beachchick, you may want to check at Trader Joe's, too. Ours recently started carrying cheese curds! ;)

What's a grit?;)

I have always been told "grits" actually stands for "Girls Raised In The South"...

I really loved the thread a few weeks back that said "A team of wild horses couldn't bring him back"..He He He What a nut, I really think some of these are posted by children!

A recent one.. " whats the point of paying extra for a balcony , when all you gat to see is water". You can lead a horse to water..

Cruiseing has 2 camps , I hate it and I cant live with out it . There doesnt seem to be a middle ground. odd .

P.S. love grits by the way !!!

mpk

My favorite complaints:

1. people who include a weather report in their review and hold the cruiseline responsible for rough seas or rain. "I paid good money for this cruise and then it RAINED...never sailing on that line again"

2. people who make any comment on the room stewart. I remember a complaint once that went to the tune of something like "The stewart kept making my bed. I was planning to sleep more later in the day."

3. people who complain the they did not get enough lobster. (or any other food) How many times do we have to say "you can order as much as you like"????

4. I was on a cruise where the person on the balcony next to ours complained that the cruise was "not relaxing enough"....

My favorite complaints:

1. people who include a weather report in their review and hold the cruiseline responsible for rough seas or rain. "I paid good money for this cruise and then it RAINED...never sailing on that line again"

LOL!!! You remind me of one woman I met on the last day or so of our Gem 1/5 cruise. Making polite conversation, I asked her how her cruise was going. She says, "It's the worst cruise I've ever been on! I'll never sail NCL again!" I say, "Oh? What could the cruise line have done differently?" She stops to think and says, "Well, the weather's been awful!" [really, it wasn't that bad] I responded, "I know for a fact the captain does his absolute best for us in the weather department every day." ;) She then looks at me as if I've grown a second head, but I ask you, who's the true NUT in this situation?!? (Those of you who know me are specifically disqualified from responding to that question... :p )

I know you won't believe this, but I promise it's true...

Our last night on the Pride of Aloha, a month ago, we sat beside 2 "heavy set" women and watched as they ate their entire meal, ordered all three desert items on the menu :eek: and then complained like mad to the waiter...We almost just laughed outloud, in fact we did laugh, and the ladies, (or people, can't hardly call them ladies) stared at us real hard...It was a real hoot!:D

We just love people watching, espiecially nearing the end of a cruise, that's when they really get wound up....I bet the people who work on the ships, are glad to get a turn over in patrons!

My favorite complaint (or really it's my least favorite), people who complain that, "Their English is so bad, I can't understand a word they are saying." I mean, people, once you leave the dock you are not in America anymore. Duh!

I know you won't believe this, but I promise it's true...

Our last night on the Pride of Aloha, a month ago, we sat beside 2 "heavy set" women and watched as they ate their entire meal, ordered all three desert items on the menu :eek: and then complained like mad to the waiter...We almost just laughed outloud, in fact we did laugh, and the ladies, (or people, can't hardly call them ladies) stared at us real hard...It was a real hoot!:D

We just love people watching, espiecially nearing the end of a cruise, that's when they really get wound up....I bet the people who work on the ships, are glad to get a turn over in patrons!

What could they possibly complain about? Not enough food or it wasn't edible??? People amaze me! I love to people watch too.

The following are actual quotes from 1 star Spirit reviews. Enjoy:D:

Throughout the ship, there was a noticeable lack of trash containers.

Whoever is rating this a 5 star cruise are people with lack of experience on cruise ships or they must work for norwegian.

Our cabin was never made up before 11:30 AM

The fact that NCL announced a new multi-million dollar ad campaign today is infuriating, as I feel they stole some of that money from my family and me.

FOOD POISONING AND BED BUGS were but a small part of our trip!

A woman on the cruise fell in her cabin over the metal strip between the toilet and sink. She had to pay for her medical bill of over $1,000, even though it was NCL's fault

And this one is by far my favorite:

But, even in the Main restaurants you must wear pants, they kicked us out because my husband did not have pants, he didn't bring any, so they brought us the food on Deck 12. We went to the shop on board to buy pants and they didn't have a pair, we thought we would could buy pants in Bermuda, but at Kings Wharf there is no Mens shops that have pants and it is very $$$ in Bermuda, as well. After, a stressful talk with the Maitre'd, he allowed us to eat at any rest. However, the next day, they made one of the Main rest. to allow shorts. But, by then, my husband was able to squeeze into a pair of pants, so we spent $35 on a pair of pants

No, I am many years past being a spring breaker but my kids spring break was at the same time so we cruised with at least 1500 college kids. (the remaining passengers were a mixed bag of everything else.

Yes, ripped jeans are back....or who knows, maybe they're already back out again...can't keep up. My DD15 fell and ripped her jeans at the knee and a week later the rip with so much bigger. It may be a teen status symbol but I have no idea because I am OLD (as far as my kids are concerned) :D

And as far as being on a cruise on a spring break week? Interesting, very interesting...and at times entertaining :) We have no choice but to cruise this week if we don't want to take the kids out of school but we have learned to choose our cruises a little more carefully. We always have a good time no matter what! :)

We were on the Sun a couple years ago. Lots of Spring Breakers! These young men were turned away from the dining room because they were in shorts. What a hoot it was when they borrowed skirts and dresses from their girlfriends and went up and down the hallway asking for accessories. We were in LeBistro when they showed up. Caused quite a stir. Got a laugh from us.

Archived