Kids and deposit on Carnival...

MamaParrotHead

Can anyone give me any info on this? Trying to find a definitive answer on whether or not Carnival asks for the $200 pp deposit upon embarkation for kids as well. My PVP says they don't, I just want to double check.

And does it matter if we're in one cabin on two adjoining cabins (as to whether or not the need a deposit "per cabin" or something?)?

Kids are not treated any differently than any other 3rd/4th passenger as far as I know - but I think the deposit is always for the first 2 passengers in a cabin, so it would make a difference if you're getting one or two cabins.

For instance - there are three of us cruising, me and two toddlers. I pay full price for me and full price for one toddler and the 3rd passenger fare for the other. I must pay a deposit for two passengers. They don't care how old the passengers are, just how many people.

Best,

Mia

Are you talking about deposits when you book the cruise or cash deposits on the Sail & Sign card?

When we booked our trip (family of 4, one cabin), the deposit was $250 per person in the cabin regardless of age.

If you are securing your S&S cards with cash rather than a credit card, you're right. You will only need to have deposits on the cards with charging privliedges.

and he states that since we will be the only two with charging privilege cards, we will only need 2-$200 deposits, even if we have two cabins.:confused:

How do you set it up so that the kids can't charge on the S&S card? or is it automatically done at the port when you register?:confused:

How do you set it up so that the kids can't charge on the S&S card? or is it automatically done at the port when you register?:confused:

When you arrive at the terminal, they ask you to initial beside which person/s accounts will have charging privileges, and those people will have the holds put on the CC you provide at that time.

Archived