massage at hotel in pV

WASUP

• 1 month later...
If you are on the south side of town, I recommend Metamorphosis Massage, there is an article and coupon here: *****

Also, the Krystal offers massage and you walk there from the cruise ship dock.

Enjoy!

How far is Metamorfosis? I found the site info, and it sounds great, but have no clue how to find out if it's within distance of the Carnival port. Also, do you know if either place does massages on the beach, or couples massages (outdoor is prefered, but inside works, too). Any other recommendations on couples "beach" massage? Thanks!

If you want to stay near the ship, try the nh Krystal hotel for massage, as I think they still have the semi-outdoor hut for massage, (not sure about couples). There are no massage/Spas on the beach that are not part of a hotel.

There is also Terra Noble on the mountain above town that is very holistic and they do outdoor/couples massage. They have a website, just "google" Terra Noble Vallarta and you will find their site.

Have fun! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Like most salons, you pretty much need an appointment, especially when there is a cruise ship in as there are many people who are staying in town already, then add a few thousand extra bodies....

If you really want a massage, yes, book ahead, if you want to play it by ear, just stop in.

I can say my favorite massuese is usually booked a few days out...

I will post info here in case anyone else is interested.

I always go to Metamorfosis Massage and everyone who has gone there loves Angie and Tatjana. Both speak excellent English and they are fabulous (and licensed!) Here is their email address: massage@PVNET.com.mx

Gary will probably email you with info, or you can see my review here:

http://todopuertovallarta.homestead.com/metamorphosis.html

Another excellent place is Essenze on Rodolfo Gomez (about a block or so from Metamorfosis) and they do awesome facials! 350 pesos for 80 minutes! And a ton of other services from manicures and pedicures (120 pesos to 200 pesos) arompatherapy massage, anti-cellulite treatments, sunburn wrap, exfoliation (get a better tan) and waxing (full legs only 200 pesos)

Both of these places are in the Olas Altas area, about a 50 to 60 peso cab ride from the cruise ship dock but in an excellent area to really see the best part of Vallarta.

This area is super popular and often missed. Right near these places are tons of excellent jewelry stores, coffee shops, restaurants, beach side bars where you can lounge in the sun, swim and drink beer and margaritas... try the Lazy Lizard, a bucket of five beers is 50 pesos, cheap and great lunches, and right on the most popular beach, the owner is from Toronto.

You can take a cab here, wear your swimsuit, bring your SPF, check out both places, see if you can get in for a massage or treatment, and shop, hit the beach, whatever... great for groups as you can split up and have a place to meet at a specific time.

Check out Dee's Coffee Shop right by Essenze Spa, she is from Calgary, has the best coffee in Vallarta and is a wealth of info.....

Have fun!

Archived