Spa pass

calenita

on all NCL ships the pass spa is 20$ a day !

it's 75$ for 7 days !

for 9 days maybe 95$ !

I never been on the jewel but on the gem we very like it !

there was a thermal suite (hydrapool, jaccuzi, hot ceramic chair) and sauna steam room ect...)

but there is to much noise (to much like a party) it depends what is the average age on the ship !

hope this will help u !

and you can look the deck plan to see whats in the spa !

We always get a cruise-long spa pass; evermarie has the prices about right. Its cheaper to get a a whole cruise pass, although you can purchase a day pass, or just use the spa before/after a spa treatment.

We loved the spa on the Jewel. The heated tile lounge chairs are incredibly comfortable as is the thalassotherapy pool. There are separate men's and women's areas, and a unisex area.

Its supposed to be a quiet area, but some guests think its just an indoor hot tub; most people will quiet down if you ask them; complain to the spa manager about the others.

I think the spa is a great deal--we like a quiet area to relax.

Spa pass is a great deal if you enjoy the spa. My wife and I made it a part of our daily routine and enjoyed it very much. The spa is beautiful with sauna, steam room, cold dip pool (yikes!), theme showers, hot tub, plus the tile loungers and thelassa-whatchacallit-pool in the unisex area.

Also hot tea, cold water, and oranges always available.

And best of all, unbelievable views through floor to ceiling windows.

If you are a couple, watch for a special where you purchase the couples' rasul treatment and receive the 9-day spa pass all for one price. I can't remember the exact price for a couple but it works out the same as the spa pass so it is like you get the rasul for free. And the rasul is great.

Spa pass is a great deal if you enjoy the spa. My wife and I made it a part of our daily routine and enjoyed it very much. The spa is beautiful with sauna, steam room, cold dip pool (yikes!), theme showers, hot tub, plus the tile loungers and thelassa-whatchacallit-pool in the unisex area.

Also hot tea, cold water, and oranges always available.

And best of all, unbelievable views through floor to ceiling windows.

If you are a couple, watch for a special where you purchase the couples' rasul treatment and receive the 9-day spa pass all for one price. I can't remember the exact price for a couple but it works out the same as the spa pass so it is like you get the rasul for free. And the rasul is great.

Could you explain the rasul treatment...I have never heard of this.

Don

Do they limit the amount of spa use passes ?

You can spend all day in the spa; we would go there for an hour or two after breakfast, and again in the afternoon. The only limit is on how many days you use. I think the options are (1) all cruise and (2) one day.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a "full cruise" pass for the spa last year to Alaska. DW was a little curious as to why I wanted to get one right after boarding since we're not "spa people" but she went along with it.

As we sailed out of Seattle and it started raining, I took her down to the spa where we relaxed on the loungers and were the only ones in the place as we looked out the window one deck up from the bridge. She was convinced.

Several other times on the cruise we just went down there to relax and read a book. It was never too crowded.

Yes, the full cruise pass will be one of our first purchases on our repo this fall (although I may watch out for that special).

• 2 months later...

Do I need to buy a spa pass to use the regular steam and sauna rooms? We are going to on Jewel next year.

This feature (steam, sauna as well as whirlpools - all inside the spa) are free on Carnival. I am surprised they (NCL charges for them).

Please let me know.

Thanks.:rolleyes:

I used the steam room for about 3 mins after a spa treatment. No one questioned me being there. The pool area was empty.

On Celebrity after the first day or so, we have just walked in, no questions, or sign in (we did pay for the week). Do you have to sign in with NCL? How do they know if you belong or not?

on all NCL ships the pass spa is 20$ a day !

it's 75$ for 7 days !

for 9 days maybe 95$ !

I never been on the jewel but on the gem we very like it !

there was a thermal suite (hydrapool, jaccuzi, hot ceramic chair) and sauna steam room ect...)

but there is to much noise (to much like a party) it depends what is the average age on the ship !

hope this will help u !

and you can look the deck plan to see whats in the spa !

Hi....what does the pass include? I was on the Sun in Feb and they never mentioned a spa pass. I will be on the Dream in October and the Pearl in March do you know if they have it?

If you have a spa treatment such as a facial, do you get a free pass into the area where the heated loungers, thermal pools etc are?

I don't think you get a "day use" pass with a treatment, as their are signs posted when you leave the change rooms going into the unisex area that say you are entering an area where extra fees apply.

Could you explain the rasul treatment...I have never heard of this.

Don

The Rasul Treatment was wonderful! And if you buy it upfront with your spa pass it's really good value. Our 5-day couples pass on the Pearl (03/30/08) cost us $150 plus an extra $40 for the Rasul. Alone, I think the Rasul was $95.

The treatment is for 2 people. They take you to a treatment room with a regular shower, bench, sink and your own private steam shower. They explain all the products and procedure to you first and then leave you for the 50 mins it takes. You started by putting an exfoliatant on (each other ;) ) and then you rinse that off in the regular shower. You press the button for the steam shower room to start heating it up. Then you proceed to put the mud treatment on each other. I recommend doing that in the steam room while it's heating up. The lights automatically dim in there and it's very tranquil. Everything is on an automatic timer, so after awhile the shower will come on in there and rinse all the mud off. It's a large steam/shower room with 4 benches. After you're all rinsed off there's some moisturizing products to put on.

Our skin was so soft we didn't want to go in the pool or bath for a day! I think we went and crashed on the lounge beds in the main spa area for an hour after our treatment. I'd definitely recommend this treatment. :)

FYI - we did a back to back cruise (5 day, then 9 day). They wouldn't give us a deal on a 14-day pass. The 5 days couples pass was $150 and the 9-day couples pass was $250. The views are amazing and I really miss the thermal loungers, the T-Pool and the Plunge Pool.

Archived