Spa pass

calenita

I was on the Jewel 9 day in March and bought the 9 day spa pass. It was $95 and the best money I spent. You can use it as often as you want. When I asked if they limited the number of passes sold, they told me no but they would refund my money at the end of the first sea day if I was not happy. You check in, get a locker key and robe, and off you go. There is a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, ice pool (never tried that one.....) and several different types of showers. I love the tropical one with the lights-it felt like the rainforest. Then there is a coed room with the heated chairs and the thessalotherapy pool. It was always very quiet. There are only 6 heated chairs and only once did I have to wait for one. Those chairs are a great place to check out the sunset as they are far forward and have floor to ceiling windows. I am so glad I did it! Have fun on the Jewel-it is a beautiful ship with great ports!!

First, to be clear, I love the spa. It is relatively quiet, no kids and normally not many people. I find it very relaxing. My problem was with paying for the cruise pass. On "at sea" days the spa was very nice. I found that on those days where we were in port, I often didn't use the spa and by the end of the trip I found it would have been cheaper to just pay for the days I actually used it. The only way it really pays is if you are going to use the spa every day. You don't have to miss many days before it becomes more economical to pay as you go.

Just one person's experience!

at the spa or at the reception or purser desk?

is the pass for both in cabin or per person?

I think this is definately up my alley!

You buy it per person at the desk in the spa/salon. We used it on our two day Gem cruise out of Boston. OMG! It was the best part of our trip.

First, to be clear, I love the spa. It is relatively quiet, no kids and normally not many people. I find it very relaxing. My problem was with paying for the cruise pass. On "at sea" days the spa was very nice. I found that on those days where we were in port, I often didn't use the spa and by the end of the trip I found it would have been cheaper to just pay for the days I actually used it. The only way it really pays is if you are going to use the spa every day. You don't have to miss many days before it becomes more economical to pay as you go.

Just one person's experience!

I felt the same way you did. Next time, DH and I will pay as we go, maybe three days on a seven day cruise.

DH and I bought the 9-day spa passes on our trip last year on the Pearl. We used the spa every single day - our favorite spot being those heated thermal lounges, followed closely by the T-pool.

After returning from each island, we changed and spent sail away in the spa, relaxing and just enjoying the scenery as the ship pulled away from port.

It was well worth it to us, and we will buy the 7-day pass on our upcoming Dawn cruise to Bermuda.

Pearl in feb - the 9 day spa pass was $140 not 95. It is a lovely space but unless you know you will use it every day then I would just pay the $20 per use

Hubby went in 1 day towards the end of the cruise and had no problem buying a single day pass

can i buy the pass the first day on the ship? where? are the areas such as steamroom and hot tubs co-ed? we would like to be together enjoying the spa as its our anniversary. what is the pool like ? do you feel rushed when others show up wanting to use the heated loungers? thanks

can i buy the pass the first day on the ship? where? are the areas such as steamroom and hot tubs co-ed? we would like to be together enjoying the spa as its our anniversary. what is the pool like ? do you feel rushed when others show up wanting to use the heated loungers? thanks

Hi

I answered your other post here

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=14377153#post14377153

Do I need to buy a spa pass to use the regular steam and sauna rooms? We are going to on Jewel next year.

This feature (steam, sauna as well as whirlpools - all inside the spa) are free on Carnival. I am surprised they (NCL charges for them).

Please let me know.

Thanks.:rolleyes:

Yes, you need to buy a pass to use them.

Archived