can i bring an iron

OHIOTEAMSTER

A Tip I Learned A Few Years Ago (thanks To The Boards) Pack Each Item In A Dry Cleaning Bag. It Really Works!!!! I Iron Everything Before We Leave, Something I Never Do, And Pack With The Dry Ceaning Bags Between Each Layer Of Clothing. Clothes Always Come Out Looking Great. Good Luck!!!!!:d :d :)

I didn't know you were not allowed to bring irons on the ship!! I am an iron freak and can't travel without one. I have had my mini travel iron on nearly every cruise. NOW I KNOW!!!

i am like you, i allways bring a travel iron, i too didnt know that they werent allowed..

but to be quite honest with you, my chi flat iron for my hair gets hotter than my travel iron, and thats allowed...

can i take an iron on board for my dress paints or do they have one for me to use

In a word . . . NO . . . but why would you want to? You're on vacation . . . if something needs to be ironed . . . either don't bring it or send it out to be ironed. :p

I have taken a travel Iron on 9 cruises and never got it taken

Just because you haven't gotten caught doesn't mean it's OK. I'm sure there exists some king of fire hazzard... most likely with the electrical system of the ship if you use a iron.

Carnival is very clear about not allowing irons. I'm sure this policy is not in place to inconvienence you... but for the safty of you and the other passengers on the ship.

11 Carnival cruises and you've never read the Welcome Aboard booklet? :rolleyes:

hey not fair...i guess i didnt read everyword or maybe just didnt realize....sorry that bothered you.....and as i said my flat hair iron gets hotter than a SMALL travel iron....excuse me..for my mistake...human and all....

i will still iron ...in the laundry room, cant stand having wrinkles...on vacation or not...nothing worse than gussing up and going out with wrinkles...dont care how well you pack...you will have wrinkles...and belevie me its noticable....to each his own...

why do they have them in the laundry rooms then i think they don't like them because you might leave them on well i make sure they are off so will take mine with me thank you for your in put i DON'T Like wrinkled clothes.

HUH? It has little to do with leaving it on. It's the electrical systems in the cabins that cannot handle that voltage. This would cause either a system failure or an electrical fire.

HUH? It has little to do with leaving it on. It's the electrical systems in the cabins that cannot handle that voltage. This would cause either a system failure or an electrical fire.

its the same voltage for my travel iron and my flat iron for my hair...and like i said that is allowed..............

its the same voltage for my travel iron and my flat iron for my hair...and like i said that is allowed..............

When you have your own cruise ship, you can make the safety rules :D It's a rule put in place for safety, why anyone would EVER question a safety rule is beyond me. Unless you are the one that wired the ship, you don't know the reason... it's not up to us to ignore something put in place for the safety of our fellow passengers. IMHO it's completely selfish :o

Archived