Pearl oceanview cabins 4 people?

lola4795

Some of the Oceanview cabins on the Pearl's deck plans (deck 5) show that they have 3rd person occupancy available and some show that they have 3 or 4 person occupancy.

In the rooms that accommodate up to 4 people, are these rooms larger or do they just have bunks on the wall, etc.?

My family of four was on the Pearl 1/20-1/25 5 day cruise in room 5110. The room was not any larger than a standard OV. One bed pulled down from the wall, and one bed poped up from below the queen. The result was a wall to wall bed that slept 3, and a bunk that slept one. It worked just fine for my family with small children. I do not think it would work well for a family with teens, or adults traveling together. The OV cabin was well laid out, with lots of storage and places to put things. It was still tight for four, but for the price I was willing to sacrifice cabin space.

We were also on the Pearl 1/20-25, cabin 5568 (DD), we had 2 adults and 2 teens fairly comfortably in a regular oceanview room, thanks to advice we had seen in a previous post. This is the story: Your cabin will have 2 single beds (one each along the left and right walls) with a separate pull-out trundle bed under one of them, and also a single upper bunk bed that pulls out of one of the side walls. Your natural inclination would be to just pull the one trundle bed straight out and have it between the two regular single beds, which would basically give you 3 beds side-by-side, plus the one upper bunk bed; this unfortunately will use up almost all the floor space in the cabin.

This is the better way: See which of the two side beds does NOT have the trundle hiding under it, and drag it about 3 feet away from the wall that has the window. Then pull out the trundle bed, and set it alongside that back wall, under the window. Now the 3 beds will be in a U-shape configuration, with ample floor space in the middle of the room. It makes a really big difference. Then you pull the 4th bed down from the side wall.

Having done this, I can honestly say that as long as you're not spending most of your time in the cabin, it's fine. The only problems become the lack of privacy with 4 in a room, and fighting over the bathroom.

Archived