Smoking in cabins

Hotfire

I am a non smoker but have been around smokers all my life.

that being said, my concern for smoking in the cabin is a valid one.

Most people go to their cabins to sleep. I am very concerned that after a few drinks or a long busy fun time in port, drinks or not, people get very tired. But they also want that last cig before going to sleep. It scares me to think that they might fall asleep while smoking. Fire at sea is very dangerous as we saw on the Princess ship. I do wish they would not allow smoking in the cabins for this reason.

Also, Dru, as well as everyone else, can voice opinions on these boards.

If they are negative, so be it. The only board police here are our hosts .

They will determine if the poster should not be posting whatever.

Let's keep these boards friendly and a fun place to be for all of us.

We are all here because we love to cruise right ???

The princess fire was only one amongst many ship fires. All the rest of them were caused by either electrical problems or kitchen fires. One was started by a life vest. Some have started in the laundry rooms. If you re going to spend any time concerned at bout being on a burning ship you should probably be more concerned with the other causes. They seem more likely to happen.

The princess fire was only one amongst many ship fires. All the rest of them were caused by either electrical problems or kitchen fires. One was started by a life vest. Some have started in the laundry rooms. If you re going to spend any time concerned at bout being on a burning ship you should probably be more concerned with the other causes. They seem more likely to happen.

Exactly..

Originally Posted by VentureMan_2000 viewpost.gif

There is rumor about not allowing smoking at the cigar bar...

Huh? Not allowing cigar smoking in the cigar bar? Now that seems bass ackwards if you ask me...

:D Sorry... This was only tounge & cheek for the occational person who complains about all the smoke in the cigar bar... :D

Actually I don't spend time worrying about being on a burning ship. This is just my opinion about smoking in a cabin. I feel the same way about smoking in bed anywhere. Sorry but it is a valid concern. I don't mind if people smoke anywhere on the ship but I would like to see in-cabin and balcony smoking stopped. Just a safety concern here for all on the ship. I think I became concerned about this on my last cruise. Went out on the balcony in the morning and there was a cigarette butt. I don't smoke. Not sure where it came from.

Electricity, kitchens, and life vests are necessities . There are just so many places on the ship that people can smoke.

Yes, there is a cigar bar on the valor ( in answer to a previous question),

at least there was when I was on her in 2006.

Happy Cruzn everybody!

On our last cruise on the Celebration our room reeked of cigarette smoke. After 5 requests and the husband getting testy, they brought a machine to deal with the odor. The room required it for three days in a row before it was nearly gone.

We have cruise three other times, RCCL. Holland America, and Carnival and could detect no smoke at all.

Still plan on cruising in the future, but we would vote for no smoking in the cabins or some of both.

Archived