Bus Schedule to QE II Botanic Park

Jade13

Does anyone have the bus schedule or link to the bus company? I am trying to find out how often the buses leave (and return) to the Park. I already know the cab each way is about $75.00 US.

We thought we may be able to take a public bus one way and call a cab for the return.

Also, will the bus driver take US currency?

Thanks!

Buses do not operate on anything resembling a schedule. Some drivers wait until the bus is nearly full before leaving the central terminal.

The North Side (NS) route or one of the East End/North Side (EE/NS) routes will travel down Frank Sound Road. Fare is CI$4 from George Town and for an extra CI$1 per person the driver will often make short detours such as covering the distance from Frank Sound Road to the main gate of the Botanic Park.

Bus drivers will gladly accept US currency.

You may end up waiting a long time for a cab. Often they must make the drive out from George Town to pick you up. For this reason renting a car is still the preferred way to go - cheaper too.

Buses do not operate on anything resembling a schedule. Some drivers wait until the bus is nearly full before leaving the central terminal.

The North Side (NS) route or one of the East End/North Side (EE/NS) routes will travel down Frank Sound Road. Fare is CI$4 from George Town and for an extra CI$1 per person the driver will often make short detours such as covering the distance from Frank Sound Road to the main gate of the Botanic Park.

Bus drivers will gladly accept US currency.

You may end up waiting a long time for a cab. Often they must make the drive out from George Town to pick you up. For this reason renting a car is still the preferred way to go - cheaper too.

Hi Drew, I don't drive and DH does not want to. We will just take a cab if we go.

What are the chances of seeing the Cayman Blues in the park? Although the Recovery Program said they could give us a tour (back in October), my e-mails have gone unanswered since then. I will call next week, but if they can't do this we might just go to the park. It would be a shame if they can't do the tour as we have been looking forward to it for months (and have many pet reptiles at home). It was going to be a highlight of our vacation, plus the money goes to a good cause.

Your chance of seeing the Cayman Blue iguana at the QE II Botanic Park is excellent. I never want to say 100%, but they were walking all over the woodland trail loop when I last went there. Additionally there are a few on display in large concrete pens. They can blend in a bit there, so keep looking.

A tour really isn't all that necessary. The trails are well marked and brochures with a basic map are available at no added cost. Just plan on making it back to the gift shop building in time to call your cab.

We went to the botanical gardens and saw dozens of the blue iguanas--huge ones too. They were even ambling along the trail in front of us. We're going to rent a car in GC on 2/6 from Avis for $54 and make another stop at the garden. It is really a beautiful place...and so peaceful.

This is the third time we've rented a car...we were very hesitant at first since we weren't used to driving on the left, but once you're out of Georgetown, it's really a snap.

Your chance of seeing the Cayman Blue iguana at the QE II Botanic Park is excellent. I never want to say 100%, but they were walking all over the woodland trail loop when I last went there. Additionally there are a few on display in large concrete pens. They can blend in a bit there, so keep looking.

A tour really isn't all that necessary. The trails are well marked and brochures with a basic map are available at no added cost. Just plan on making it back to the gift shop building in time to call your cab.

Drew, thanks. We weren't interested in a botanical tour, only one on the Iguana breeding program if one of the Wardens was available to give it. We have a pet (green) Iguana and other reptiles, so interested. They said they could do it but haven't responded for several months. If that doesn't work out we will just go to the park. They (Recovery Program)actually have put together an organized 1.5 hour tour which they were doing with Celebrity but they stopped because the transportation costs was making it unprofitable for the three parties. The one advantage of this is that they could tell us about specific Iguanas encountered in the park...making it more interesting for us.

We are supposed to be tendered until 5:00pm. If we are on schedule we will be back at the tender dock at 11:15am after a early morning stingray encounter. Hope to catch a cab and arrive at the park by 12:30pm, catch a cab back at 2:45pm. I hope 2 hours will be sufficient and that we will not have a problem getting a taxi at mid day.

We went to the botanical gardens and saw dozens of the blue iguanas--huge ones too. They were even ambling along the trail in front of us. We're going to rent a car in GC on 2/6 from Avis for $54 and make another stop at the garden. It is really a beautiful place...and so peaceful.

This is the third time we've rented a car...we were very hesitant at first since we weren't used to driving on the left, but once you're out of Georgetown, it's really a snap.

Great! Do you remember the cost to get into the park? If we do a tour (Iguana Recovery Program) the entrance is included, but I need to find out the cost for just park entrance.

Archived