Weird dreams about cruising

ozcaz

3 friends and I leave for a cruise in August. In my dream the 3 of them won't get ready to go. It's time to leave and they still have to pack and run errands. I wake up in a panic because we are going to miss the ship. When it comes time to leave, I'm gonna leave them if their not ready. lol

Hi all,

Not a ritual but does anyone else have weird dreams before going on a cruise.

Last night had a dream I was sitting on our balcony on the ship and decided to go water skiing!!!!!! Jumped over the side and was skiing behind the ship!

Now I cant say how I got back on because I have no idea but how weird is that!! Could you just imagine seeing a cruise boat with a person skiing behind it.

Even more weird is we havent even booked a balcony!!!!!

So if you have had any dreams about your cruise, except for the day dreaming we all do about going, Id love to hear about it!

Caz

MAYBE YOU'LL GET AN UPGRADE !!! :)

This nightmare happened the day after I printed my boarding pass. I'm no newbie when it comes to cruises, but good grief!

I had a nightmare…here’s how is started:

I arrived at the cruise terminal, and there were 4 or 5 different lines, then cruise people started saying to make one line. People started cutting in line and being mean. At that time, my dear mother decided to use the bathroom, so I lost her in the crowd and in the process (no porters took our bags, so they were sitting in the middle of the terminal, and I couldn’t’ grab them fast enough to get on line with them). The line started moving, and naturally I couldn’t get my bags that had all my docs, including passport. Then somehow the docs showed up in my hand, and then I went through security and my mother was standing there waiting for me.

But then I was saying, that she was lost near the bathrooms, and the security kept asking me if I knew what she looked like and a whole bunch of other drama. Eventually, she found her way onto the boat. We found our cabin, which is an aft on the Baja deck. We go out onto the balcony and I can’t imagine how huge it is, it’s a wrap around, but when I go around to the other side, I see two women (who they are, I have no clue, and they’re not doppelgangers..sitting in lounge chairs with a drink) I didn’t say anything to them, but wondered. Now when I go to the railing. WHAT RAILING? THERE IS NONE! I can actually sit on the railing and put my hand in the water. I was like, “what is going on?” I hope I have a restful vacation..especially after a dream like that!

• 5 months later...

OMG lol. I thought i was the only one, before i found this page. THANK YOU ALL for posting

So my dream (which was a reoccuring dream over 4 nights) was kinda messed up. Im going to Mexico, Grand Caymans and Jamaica with my SO and our friend is going to Cuba the week prior. In my dream she refused to pay to leave cuba and decided that she would swim out in the ocean and intersect with the cruise ship as we made our way to our ports of call. Anyways she managed to get on board and enjoyed a whole day onboard until the evil cruise employees figured out her daring plans so they stopped the ship and left her stranded on this little spec of dirt in the middle of the ocean and my SO and I just sorta left her to fend for herself (fear that they would also leave us behind) you know guilty by association. Anyways it was such a weird dream but it kept repeating for those 4 nights. I told them both about it and they both make fun of me for it.

Thanks for being there everyone to know that im not the only one.

• 8 months later...

We were aboard our ship in Hamilton, Bermuda en route to St. George but instead of cruising around through the cut, the ship was being hauled on a huge flatbed truck. We were on the pool deck, waving at cars we were PASSING!

Would that count as a shore excursion? :D

I definitely do. I had one a couple of months ago about forgetting my passport, being late for the plane, not packing enough clothes but yet my suitcase wouldn't close and I had forgotten a lot of different things to pack. On my first cruise last year I kept having this recurring dream that I had an emergency to take care of and I had to leave the cruise early. :( I was so glad when I woke up and realized I was dreaming. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

wow. so awesome when you find out your not alone in strange cruise dreams!! I dreamed I missed the ship and I could see it sailing away at what looked like 30 knots and I was paddling as fast as I could to catch it laying on my stomach on a blow up float. ! How silly is that!

wonder what makes you dream such dreams before a cruise ?

I used to have a recurring dream about not being able to find my passport, but somehow still getting on the ship. Another recurring, is sailing on the ocean, and it's like the entire ocean is tilted, and we are going across this tilted water surface. Like we are heading "down" the ocean.

Another one is, we'll be cruising along, and next thing you know, the cruise ship is going up a street in some town. Just moving right along like nothing is odd is happening. I also tend to have dreams about cruise ships having esclators...

So, yeah, I have a few.. :p

We were cruising with many family members in 2007. My dad was turning 80 shortly after coming back.

Guess I was a little worried as his memory is getting a little short. I dreamed that he was lost on the ship and we could not find him anywhere. There was not a place on the ship that we didn't look. Ended up being a little scary.:eek:

Needless to say he did fine and had a wonderful time!:)

One night I dreamed of being in a large dining room, with nicely dressed people. And in the dream one of the head waiters came walking through the dining room with a large stuffed killer whale held above him, shouting "Whate, Whale"! People started to get up and look out the windows looking for a real whale when they realized it was a joke.

Here is the kicker, about maybe a year later we booked our first cruise ever to Alaska. About halfway through the cruise, my dream actually came true, exactly as I dreampt it.

Talk about DeJaVue

I don't think I will ever forget that one.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I finally fell asleep into an uneasy sleep and had a dream that my cruise was booked but instead of my DH accompanying me, my cousin was coming. She sternly told me the cruise would be a time enough for me to "explain myself". I had been looking forward to a relaxing, romantic vacation with my DH!?!

Suddenly my DH and I were sitting in a huge glamerous suite with the Captain on board a ship. We were sitting with our cat on one opulent sofa and the Captain was sitting on a sofa directly across from us with an IDENTICAL cat. The Captain kept on marvelling at how alike our cats looked but at the same time telling us how superior his cat was. I was just seething after a while. I wanted to respect the Captain's position but nobody insults my girl either!

I was so happy to wake up!:p

Archived