Money for taxi from pier to Chankanaab Nat. Park, and $$ for picts from dolphin swim?

luv2cruz24

Does anyone know the approximate fare for a taxi for 4 from the Pier to the Chankanaab National Park for Dolphin Swim? Thanks!! I never know how much money to bring with me on these things. Also, anyone know how much they charge for the pictures, videos after the Royal Dolphin Swim? I have heard conflicting amounts, and want to know how much money to bring, and how much to try to talk them down. Sounds like they charge an outrageous amount, expecting people to talk them down. I'm not good at that!!! Thanks!!

Hi,

I don't remember exactly how much the video and pictures were but I remember they were expensive. Off the top of my head, I want to say the video was maybe $50.00 and the pictures were $25.00 a piece...That was back in 2004 so they're probably more expensive now. My husband wouldn't let me buy the video but I did buy three of the photos and to be honest, even though they were expensive, I'm really glad I did they're great photos! I don't know if they'll be talked down in price - I didn't even try...Have fun!

Sue

For the 5 of us in a minivan taxi, we paid $15 each way. The video and pictures were so worth it to us for the Royal Dolphin Swim. They printed out 5 different shots of each of us, 5x7 size, and with the video, they wanted $270 for everything. We ended up paying $150 for the video and 15 pictures (3 each), still pricey, though. When we booked through dolphindiscovery.com, they were having a promotion, where you would get a coupon worth 10% of the price you paid for your dolphin swim to use towards purchases in the gift shop (so for the 5 of us, it cost $695 for the Royal Swim, and we received a $69.50 voucher towards merchandise, which we were able to use for the pictures and video). I don't know if they still have that promotion, the voucher came in my email after I made our reservation. They do take credit cards at Chankanaab.

My MIL got the video and 6 pictures for $125. She acted as though she didn't care and talked them down.

I have to say that the pictures are fabulous! And the video is great -- I am so glad that she bought it.

We had 9 in our cab (large van) and we paid $20 each way. However, I found out later that the park will pay your cab fare if you have tickets --

Thanks for all the info! I actually have free cab fare there, but will have to pay for the fare back. I wish I had gotten the voucher for the 10% of the total off the picture package! Good to know the pictures are good at least....it is a once in a lifetime experience, and I definitely want to have it captured for my scrapbook! Thanks again...

We did the Dolphin Swim Adventure last Thursday (1/31/08). We paid $10 for cab to the park and split the cab back with another couple headed to the international pier ($5 each).

For the swim we were charged in pesos $2158.20 (credit card charge US $203.28). We were lucky only 4 in our group. We hadn't booked they just had availability when we showed up at the park.

We split cost of the picture package with the other couple in our group. We both received the video and 6 pictures. The total bill was $1231.70 pesos ($116.01 charged by credit card). They had quoted $113.05, (just a little miscalculation no big deal). We really didn't talk them down they offered this deal but the catch was both couples had to buy of the deal was not available. They took really nice pictures and good quality video. They sit you in a viewing room after the swim for a preview. I think the price of the video alone was $38. US.

Hope this helps.

Have a wonderful time.

Kelly

• 3 weeks later...

Acccording to the website, if you book 4 or more swimmers, transportation is free. We booked 7 people a couple weeks ago for mid-March, and I contacted them concerning the transportation offer. They told me that when we arrived, to tell the cab driver to wait and come get a voucher from them to pay him with. And to pick up the voucher from them before we left for the return trip. So you may want to check that out.

Archived