PV Weston

Buddiebo

Yes, and we did this last year. Two routes:

a) email the concierge at the Westin. Apparently they charge $15/pp for a day pass.

b) grab a taxi at the port (~$5USD) and head to the Westin, but go to Nikki Beach. This is a bar/restaurant that is on the Westin property, but separate. They say there is a $25/pp charge, which is then directly applied to food/drink. We said we wanted to be there for just a few hours, and asked if we could just keep buying drinks/food without the $25/pp level. At the time, they said yes and it wasn't a problem.

Nikki has some great raised platforms for sunbathing. They are padded, and have a lot of pillows in the center to lean against. Drinks aren't cheap (location, location, location) but are good. They offer towel service, and you can use the beach, showers, lounge areas and pool. They offer massage on the beach, or you can cross the street to the marina area and get a massage at Millenium... the same outfit (and prices) as at the Krystal.

Beach at the Westin is nice - not huge, but nice. Water was really warm last time we were there.

I'd give it a serious look. It's a nice property - we stayed there a few years back for a week, and of all the properties we've stayed at in PV (5), this was the nicest.

Now I have a hard decision to make! Do I go to the Westin or the Krystal for the day.

They both sound nice!

I am mostly looking for a nice beach and pool area.

Any other comments from people that have been to both?

Thanks!

Oh yeah is the water pretty calm there? can you snorkel?

It hasn't been very rough when we've been there several times over the years, though I'm sure there's a lot that goes into that equation...

There are a few rocky areas at which you might be able to snorkel, though with any beach in PV I'd be careful about the jetskis and boats. I saw one person buy a little/cheap innertube and put that in the water where they were snorkeling to draw attention... looked like a pretty simple idea to create awareness.

In our experience, water clarity has typcially been pretty good (for Mexico) at this location. The pools are very nice and have built in sun loungers in the shallow sections.

Archived