Bicycling in Jamaica ???

RePeteN

We did a few years back. It was a Carnival excursion and it was great. They drove us up these windy roads to a location where we all got on mountain bikes and road back down. The only downside was that is was raining a bit, but we still had a blast. We made a few stops along the way. My favorite stop was at an elementary school (I'm a teacher) where all the kids came running to greet us. I thought it was fun and worth the money.

• 2 weeks later...
We did a few years back. It was a Carnival excursion and it was great. They drove us up these windy roads to a location where we all got on mountain bikes and road back down. The only downside was that is was raining a bit, but we still had a blast. We made a few stops along the way. My favorite stop was at an elementary school (I'm a teacher) where all the kids came running to greet us. I thought it was fun and worth the money.

Do you remember how long the drive up took? Did you book this with the cruise line or is it something you found on your own? Would kids (ages 7, 12, 14) be able to ride? Thanks in advance.

We have considered staying on ship during this day; however, I would really like to do something on the island. Just want to be SAFE, though.

Archived