alcohol question

meneelyb

Are these some particularly special wines? If not, there's a very nice Total Wine right near the port in FLL, which is what I'd recommend -- you can even call your order in ahead of time and have it ready to be picked up. I don't think I'd be too eager to take the chance of the bottle breaking while your bags are being flung up and down conveyor belts at the airport . . . That said, the airlines don't care if you have wine bottles in there as long as you're checking it, not trying to carry it on. I'd wrap the bottle in layers of bubble wrap and put it into a plastic bag or container you can seal shut. And then I'd cross my fingers. and have contingency plans for how to clean my clothes. . . Good luck.

Bubble wrap in the middle of your suitcase should be no problem.....wine bottles are stronger than people realize. We take wine with us all the time. Yep, in our checked luggage that they throw around. Never had a problem. If we take a lot of wine (a group of us, or a long cruise), we just get a shipping case from our local winery or shipping house and put it on as checked luggage. When we get to our destination, we slap a cabin tag on it and give it to the porters. Works like a charm. (Usually having the porters ask us if they can come along!!):D

Any suggestions for getting a couple bottles of wine from home to FLL in my checked luggage? Will the airline do anything to my bags if the wine is in the checked bags? How should I pack it?

I would go for the Total Wine and More! as above.

Great selection and prices, we brought wine and champagne in our carry on.

I bought wine carriers at cost plus they are made of hard cardboard and used to give wine as agift, wrap with bubble wrap and then put into large ziplock have never had a problem with them in suitcase, alo bought some small container of box wine that contains about 2 bottles, that and our baileys and we're all set

As others have said, Total Wine (on the internet, too) is a huge wine store that is literally 5 minutes from the cruise teriminal. If you're coming by cab from the airport to the ship, you have to pass by it and more than likely your cab driver will know right where it is.

Just don't take Tequila and Rum....on our last trip, we packed 2 bottles of rum in one suitcase and two bottles of tequila in the other---- a bottle of rum broke in one suitcase and a bottle of tequila broke in the other!...smelled awful....good part was we were on the way home........

Sue

Archived