Trying again - how far out do we anchor?

MattInFLL

Someone said it takes 30 minutes to get from the ship to the pier in Belize City via the tenders? Is that correct? I checked webshots and noticed no shots of the ships from the pier, which people always take... so I was wondering if they really have to anchor way out...

Someone in our group has arranged a private cave tubing excursion...when we get back around 2, I assume I can find all the trinket shopping I need right in the pier area, along with an internet cafe.

Thanks!

You can see the ships from Shore and 30mins is a good number. People on excursions purchased from the cruise line get off first followed by everyone else. Tender tickets are issued around 7a. There are no assigned times coming back. Once its filled then they leave.

Hi, we just got back from the Carnival Valor where we made a stop in Belize. The boats to have to anchor a ways out from shore. It took us about 15-20 minutes to get from the ship to shore. They have speed type boats they use, so it goes pretty quickly. There are quite a few shops right when you get off the tender boats to do shopping, drinking and eating! Have fun!

. . . from a third-floor room at the Radisson Fort George; they all stay in the same area, and although it is difficult to judge, I would say that they are at least a mile or a knot offshore--not at the horizon, but about inch- or two-long-dots on the sea. You can usually just make out what line they are from--Carnival, of course, is the easiest, with that silly "whale tail." They never leave the channel, and steam off to north or south in the Bay of Honduras. Too much reef and shoal water to fool around.

Archived