help on excursions, please!

gumdrop4

My sister and I are debating between the Jungle River,Landrover and Cave Excursion and the Jungle Buggy and Mayan Cave Exposition in March. We a both ovesr 50 and semi active. Could some of you share you knowledge with us and give us a little insight into which might be the best choice. Thanks!

gumdrop4

• 1 year later...

We are also in our 50's. Do not wear good clothes on this. You have to crawl and climb in the caves over rocks etc..Lots of mud on the jungle part while we were there. If you have ANY back or neck problems don't do this trip. The landrovers are stick shifts also so you will need to know how to drive a stick........

I was also wondering about the Land Rover and Cave Excursion in Belize. We have two 15 year olds and thought this would be fun. Just wondering if it is worth the money, don't have a problem getting dirty or muddy just would like to make sure that the boys will enjoy it also.

Thanks,

Diana

I just asked my husband what he thought and he said it is not a boring excursion that's for sure! I was holding on for dear life most of the time on the Landrover part. The cave thing you are crawling and climbing around they probably would like that and the boat part we saw crocodiles in the river and on the river banks and iquania's in the trees. They take you back to their base station and give you lunch and drinks.... I would say it was worth the money.

Well when we were there and going to the caves (which you walk about 20 min to) the mosquitoes could pick you up and carry you away. It had rained the week we were there. They do have cans of bug spray. I brought the bug repellent wipes for our face. I had on a pair of capris and my husband had on shorts. Before you walk to the caves they have lockers you can put your backpack or whatever in. You really can't carry much through the caves because you have to climb and go through some tight spots. They say you are supposed to have time to go swimming but we had gotten stuck in the mud a few times in the jungle so we didn't have time. When are you going?

Diana, try this link

it is to a you tube video that shows what the tour is like! Trust me your boyfriend will not have to look for a mud whole you can't miss them....That other Islands are you going to? If you can't cut and past the link just go to you tube and type in Belize Landrover and it will come up..

Kris

I saw the video on youtube from the excursion company but was sometimes those can be deceiving. I went and look and found others.

We are going to Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. Think we are doing the beach in Cozumel but haven't finalized anything else. Too many decisions it feels like. I have been on a previouse cruise and didn't seem to have this many problems deciding what we wanted to do.

Diana

If you do the Landrover one only go with the one through the ship! We got stuck in the mud a few times and we were an hour over what we were supposed to and they had to take the river boat and drive up next to the ship to get us to the ship before it pulled out! The people on the tour had a walkie talkie that had a sticker on it that said NCL Pearl and they were in constant contact with the ship letting them know what was going on. That is one trip I would have worried about getting to the ship for!

Archived