Where to buy wine?

xan51090

Hi Bequia, can you tell me if the same place is handy for us ? We're staying in the Hilton FLL beach resort, we wont need wine as we can get this duty free on our way out from the UK, but would like some sodas and maybe some beers to take onboard for our cabin.

Any other hints for this part of town would be much appreciated too.

We'll be there Tuesday through till Friday in March pre cruise. Oh and wont have a car.

Any info would be great as always.

Thanks for all your help Bequia

happycruzer

We are staying at ESA on 17th next Saturday. We are arriving on late flight Saturday and don't expect to get to hotel until after midnight. We would like to head to CB at 11 AM on Sunday. What is availability in that time frame and locale for beer? wine? liquor?

Thanks!

but would like some sodas and maybe some beers to take onboard for our cabin. Oh and wont have a car

Your best bet would be to utilize the 50 cent Sun Trolley. It passes your hotel every 15 minutes. Take it southbound to the Publix Supermarket in the Harbor Shops Plaza to pick up the items you need.

. We would like to head to CB at 11 AM on Sunday. What is availability in that time frame and locale for beer? wine? liquor?

You can purchase after 12 noon.

• 3 weeks later...
We are staying at the renaiassence marriott hotel how far from a place that sells hard to find wine thanks I am looking for a white auslace it's called Dr. loosen

A short walk from the Renaissance is Total Wine and More in the Harbor Shops Plaza directly behind the Embassy Suites on SE 17th Street. The store is huge, it's to wine, beer and alcohol what Home Dpot is to lumber & hardware. Call them at 954-828-9463 to see if they carry what your looking for.

• 1 month later...

I boarded the ship and found my cabin. It was 2 hours before sailing. Decided to buy wine and bring it on board but where should I go? I didn't find Wine Expo but found Crown Wine and Spirits 17. It's just outside the port 5 minutes on 1645 Cordova Road. I got 4 bottles of fantastic wine with the help of Gene the salesman. I told him what I wanted to spend and his suggestions were great. I was so happy I brought my own on board. That Spanish wine Gene recommended was absolutely superb. He is the man to have wait on you while in Crown Wine.

We just got off the Westerdam this a.m. and we brought 2 cases of wine onboard with us which we purchased from Total Wine (HAL allows you to bring onboard unlimited amounts of wine and just charges a corkage fee of $15/bottle in the dining room). We pre-ordered online from Total Wine and they were more than happy to deliver the wine to our precruise hotel (Hyatt Pier 66), but a friend who lives in Ft. Lauderdale drove us over to pick up our wine. It was all packaged and ready to go when we got to the store. They were very nice to deal with and their wine prices were much better than ours at home. We brought with us a collapsible hand truck and just loaded the two cases onto that and wheeled it onboard. I didn't want to take a chance giving it to the porters at the ship to take. Our only regret is that we didn't tip the wine steward more. She told us the first night there would be a $15/bottle corkage fee, which we told her was fine. We always brought 2-3 bottles to the table with us (we were with my sister and BIL). Well, we did tip her last night, but when we got our bill this a.m., (day of debarkation), she charged us only once for the corkage fee for the entire week. I feel terrible. If I had known that, we would have tipped her much more generously.

Archived