weather next week on POAM

libbieb

Do take a rain coat or poncho and a small umbrella. It rained on us in Hilo at Volcanoes National Park and was chilly there. Once we left there and drove down to the macadamia nut factory and Akaka Falls, the sun was out and hot again. I don't think you'll need the sweats unless you plan to see the sunrise at the mountain top of where ever that is (I can't remember!) I hear it's freezing there! Check the boards for that location and info on that.

It snowed on top of one mountain while we were there, but we were never cold after leaving the VNP. If you go the VNP wear old sneakers because it is muddy if you walk through the park and the lava tube. Be sure to take a flashlight if you go through the tube. It poured down rain while we were at the luai, but we were under cover and it had stopped by the time we left.

No matter what cruise we are on, we always have a small umbrella and rain ponchos that can be folded up and easily stored...you never know in the tropics when a rain shower will pop up!

Don't worry about the weather...you will be in Hawai'i and you will love every minute of it whether it rains or not!

Archived