Port of Galveston Questions

jlink

Siling out of galveston on the Voyager in December wanted to know How was airport transfer from the airport to the ship compared to Miami.

How was Check In?

Where can i purchase my own Bottled Water and Booze if possible before hand in Galveston.

And can i get it on the ship?

So used to port of Miami now this is new teeritory for us can anyone help?

5th cruise on RCCL 1st from texas.

Thanks

Jlink

If you use the RCI transfer, I doubt you can get them to stop at a Quik Mart or 7-11 to buy anything on the way to the pier.

But, you can, immediately after you come over the causeway and make the left turn towards the pier, their is a 7-11 type place on the right, past the stop light where you can buy your water.

As for bringing water onboard, no problem. You can jsut bring it with you when you check in.

Galveston check-in. This is a BREEZE. They have it down to a science!!!!

it is quick efficient and FRIENDLY (remember, these are Texans).

There are only two things that can foul up check-in: One, is a delay in Voyager getting back into port...it happens, but not very often. The other is if a freight train is crossing the entry area to the pier. Not a long delay but it sometimes seems like forever when you are so close to your ship!

If you arrange your own limo transfer, you might want to consider something like galveston limo. They use large vans, not buses so you wait for 4-6 other people, not 40 and then can probably talk the driver into stopping for your water. We drive to the port but have heard, for years, nothing but really good things about Galveston Limo.

Archived