Looking for restaurant for this Friday -Honolulu

libbieb

We are arriving Friday afternoon for our cruise on Saturday and I currently have a reservation at Roy's Hawaiin Fusion restaurant. We are staying at the Royal Hawaiian and if anyone has any great ideas for dinner, i would love to hear them. We want to walk from the hotel and we love any food especially asian. Also, if we decide to keep the Roy's reservations, does anyone know exactly where Roy's is? I know that there are 2 in Honolulu, but I believe this one is on Waikiki Beach? I have been told that maybe we would enjoy going somewhere else more. I tried to get a table at the chinese restaurant in Hilton Hawaiian Village a few months ago but they were booked. Any thoughts?

The only Roy's you can walk to in Waikiki is at 226 Lewers St (808-923-7697). This is Chinese New Year time so make reservations, particularly if you are going to a Chinese restaurant. Chinatown will be a mad house!

I have not been to this Roy's so you might want to go online an see what the restaurant looks like.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't enjoy yourself. Maybe the people you talked to are not adventurous eaters?

Alternate (but not Chinese) restaurants would be any at Halekulani Hotel (Orchids, House w/o a Key).

Also, Bali by the Sea at Hilton Hawaiian Village.

Hau Tree Lanai at New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel (short taxi ride)

Like the other poster, I haven't been to Roy's in Waikiki, but I have been to the one in Hawaii Kai numerous times. Love the food, especially the fish dishes! Roy's Waikiki is a short walk from the HHV.

If you feel like teppanyaki, we like Musashi (Hyatt Regency). If you like Thai, Keo's is very good and a quick walk from HHV. If you want romantic elegance with an extraordinary view of Diamond Head and the water, Orchids (Halekulani Hotel) is divine. For sushi, we love Sansei (right across Waikiki Beach). Sorry, I forget the name of the hotel, but it's the one with the NCL desk.

Having said all of this, I think you will be very pleased if you kept your res at Roy's.

Aloha, Logan

Like the other poster, I haven't been to Roy's in Waikiki, but I have been to the one in Hawaii Kai numerous times. Love the food, especially the fish dishes! Roy's Waikiki is a short walk from the HHV.

If you feel like teppanyaki, we like Musashi (Hyatt Regency). If you like Thai, Keo's is very good and a quick walk from HHV. If you want romantic elegance with an extraordinary view of Diamond Head and the water, Orchids (Halekulani Hotel) is divine. For sushi, we love Sansei (right across Waikiki Beach). Sorry, I forget the name of the hotel, but it's the one with the NCL desk.

Having said all of this, I think you will be very pleased if you kept your res at Roy's.

Aloha, Logan

The hotel with the NCL desk is the Waikiki Beach Marriott toward the south end of Waikiki Beach. Also, libbieb is staying at the Royal Hawaiian, not the HHV. I'm sure that's what you meant to write because Roy's is indeed just a short walk from the RH. All your suggestions have my mouth watering and me wanting to be back in Hawaii this very minute!

beachchick

Oops sorry, I did mean the RH. Thanks for the correction and Waikiki Beach Marriott info. Beachchick, I even got myself wanting to go to Waikiki for some yummy dining.:D

Good tip on the Pro Bowl being this weekend. All the more reason for the OP to stick with res at Roy's.

Aloha, Logan

Hi there,

My husband & I enjoyed our unexpected early dinner at Roy's Waikiki very much. The service was delightful and the food was fantastic!

We had just arrived the day before and were walking towards Waikiki beach and we discovered how hungry we were (it was about 4:30 HST)when we discovered Roy's. We were thrilled a table was available for us as we had no reservations.

We enjoyed a taste appetizer plate and then my spouse had butterfish which he really enjoyed and I had an appetizer portion of the Blackened Ahi and it was very good.

It was a great meal we really enjoyed. I hope you enjoy yours too.

enjoy,

Winnie

I take it all back. A little after 8 am now and sun is out and looks like a glorious Hawaiian day!:) :) Hmmm, think I'm talking to myself:o , but I'm happy for the OP.

I was just in your city a few days ago. To this "howlie" (sp?) even a bad weather day in paradise was great!

Can't wait to visit again!

I was just in your city a few days ago. To this "howlie" (sp?) even a bad weather day in paradise was great!

Can't wait to visit again!

Hi mbisson (aka haole ;) ), so happy to hear you enjoyed yourself. I was in your area (Seattle) in July and thought it was such a beautiful, green city. Hope to see you back in paradise soon!

Aloha, Logan

I realize it's not dinner time in Honolulu yet...but what'd you decide? When dinner's over, I've got a few questions for you...Where'd you eat? What'd you eat? And would you recommend it???? Give us the details, OP! :)

Archived