Carnival Cruise + Airfare question

mjbearit

We are tossing around the idea of cruising Alaska next year. Since we can't leave from San Diego to get there :( we will need to fly to a port (there are a few options so which port is as of now still up in the air too). If we go through a PVP to book the trip can we ask them to fly in a day ahead and leave a day later? I know if you have to rebook later there is some sort of fee, but for many reasons I would just like to have the extra day. Will Carnival accommodate this if asked from the start, or would I have to do my own airfare to get this? Depending on prices I may get our own airfare anyway, but I would like to have options. Please don't start a big fight over this, it's just a simple question!

We are tossing around the idea of cruising Alaska next year. Since we can't leave from San Diego to get there :( we will need to fly to a port (there are a few options so which port is as of now still up in the air too). If we go through a PVP to book the trip can we ask them to fly in a day ahead and leave a day later? I know if you have to rebook later there is some sort of fee, but for many reasons I would just like to have the extra day. Will Carnival accommodate this if asked from the start, or would I have to do my own airfare to get this? Depending on prices I may get our own airfare anyway, but I would like to have options. Please don't start a big fight over this, it's just a simple question!

I don't know about the day early/ leave later on Carnival. On other cruiselines they will do it for a fee though. I do think you'd probably be better off doing the air yourself. I have found it's almost always cheaper that way.

Terri

Yes, you can request to fly in the day before. There is a $50 deviation fee to do so. I'm not sure about the day after, but I don't see why not! :)

Now I took that differently. I was thinking deviation was deviating from the originally scheduled flight, not from what is (I guess) their standard. Hmmm... Interesting. Guess I'm getting my own airfare then! Thanks for the heads up!

I have found too that air is always cheaper when you book it on your own. I was looking at San Juan a few weeks ago, and if I booked air with Carnival it was $629 per person. I then went onto American Airlines and looked at their air - it was around $250 per person. The only thing is if you book air on your own, then you may not be able to change it. Just depends on the rate you reserve.

Archived