Top 10 items not to forget!

travgurl

Extension cord, surge protector, duct tape. We never used to over the door shoe holder, although I did purchase one; there was plenty of space in the bathroom shelves to store my stuff (junk) LOL

I have a CPAP machine, and I really needed the extension cord . I taped all of the cords together on the floor with duct tape (no tripping). We also used the same duct tape to mark our luggage (bright orange). Much easier to find in the sea of luggage during debarkation :)

Lucky for me my GP is an addict too (Cruise Addict):p so he gives me trial sizes of Nexium, Aleve, Sinus Meds (mine are almost ready for surgery), and a broad spectrum antibiotic - just in case. A good friend works for a large hotel chain and is always providing hotel size stuff.

But to the point:

1. Passport, DL,

2. Copies of passports, DL, and immunizations (especially for the kids)

3. 2 Credit Cards (one has a tiny limit and isn't associated with any of our accounts - like a prepaid thing - Call me paranoid)

4. Cash in small bills for tips

5. DH meds

6. Pictures of the kids that are recent (okay I admit I'm paranoid)

7. Cruise Docs

Everything else is workable or buyable so...

Have a great cruise.:D

Extension cord, surge protector, duct tape. We never used to over the door shoe holder, although I did purchase one; there was plenty of space in the bathroom shelves to store my stuff (junk) LOL

I have a CPAP machine, and I really needed the extension cord . I taped all of the cords together on the floor with duct tape (no tripping). We also used the same duct tape to mark our luggage (bright orange). Much easier to find in the sea of luggage during debarkation :)

Hubby also has a CPAP and we brought a surge suppressor, so several items could be hooked up at once (cell charger, alarm clock, and digital camera).......when it wasn't in use, it remained on the large table near the mirror...........

The masking tape worked! I had bright white which I put on our black luggage (everyone seems to have similar luggage).......hubby made a face when I told him, but I put white strips on ours and wow! We found it right away.......

The most important item? Who knew it would be ear plugs............even with his CPAP machine he still snores, so I ran back into my home to grab a bag.........turns out our cabin was above a band..........after several calls to the pursor and an arguement with the CD, using the ear plugs allowed us to get to sleep!

Sorry if this offends anyone - if it does grow up -- bring tampons or pads. The supply in the ship store is small, not my brand, and pricey for very few. Nothing like being the lady stuck going door-to-door; I've been on both sides of the knock. Even if you don't think you'll need them, bring them - the fates can be cruel.

I competely understand....I needed these things on our last cruise (unexpected) and the regular stores did not have them, so I had to buy them in the liquor store with alot of people around and the attendant asked me very loudly "super or regular" Husband had to walk away.

You can order sandwiches from room service the night before an excursion, put ice to take with you, put wet bathing suits in them (larger ones of course). There are so many uses you'll be glad you have them. We never travel without.

LOL, I'm shocked the eco peole have not jumped on this. Having been to Jamacia I always wonder what is it that I could give them tney don't already have.

:D

Death Certificate???? I wonder what that's for? :eek:

Poster explained it has to do with her own personal situation - child's father deceased & she is now remarried. Cruiseline wants to be sure (not wanting to be involved in custody battles) if only one parent traveling with a child that there is permission from the other parent.

DW and I have just read this entire thread, but we didn't see a very important item we ALWAYS bring along....antiseptic wipes to use on all surfaces in our cabin. We do this when we board, (and sometimes during the cruise) and include the balcony railings, chairs, etc. Bathroom fixtures, TV remote, wall switches, etc. Just a little extra peace of mind. :)

We do this in hotels as well.

Enjoy your trip, we're planning on enjoying ours on Carnival Liberty in April!

We do this as well, I know that sometimes items like the telephone and light switches are often missed and can lead to unwanted illnesses that can ruin a trip. You can also get a small sample sized Lysol spray and spray down surfaces.

Archived