9A aft balcony

virginia600

check out my Triumph video in my signature to see pics of the corner wrap balcony. It was HUGE, however, there was NO privacy as our neighbor had a clear view onto the balcony and if he wanted to, he could see us in bed :(

No problems with noise, that I recall. I also have pics of the balcony and cabin in my review, although it is a Destiny class ship...

my review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=641071

We had a 9A on the Freedom in January and we loved it I wouldn't booked anything else now, we just booked another 9A on the Liberty for next Feb. But your neighbors can look onto your balcony without any problems, but that was never a problem and if they did look who cares your on vacation. A lot more sunshine out back but we like sitting out in the sun anyway no wind but their was areas where you could find shade on the balcony when you wanted.

Most people who book the 9A know what they are after.......THE BALCONY. And most would be ticked off if they had it taken away and were upgraded to a suite.

My parents had a Triumph 9A and loved it, I'm in my first in September and was able to hook my parents up in the opposite corner as a surprise. Just yesterday my mom asked if I knew what cabin number they had and I let her know.........she is thriled and we aren't going to tell my dad.

Look at the deck plans because

1 deck has more angle and aft

1 deck has balcony on the angle and side

and

1 deck has side, angle and aft balcony space

my parents Triumph had side and angle.......

2802220630089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

2831682650089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

2563408980089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

My Glory comming up we are upper deck and are part of a huge group.......we have 14 cabins in a row wrapping around the aft including both 9A's and the 9A's above.......SWEET!!!!!!!!

I have been in all of them, Upper deck has a big room with couch and sleeps 3 but has the shortest deck, Empress deck has the smallest room and the balcony is bigger then Upper and wraps somewhat around the side. Veranda deck which is my favorite has a nice large room and the biggest balcony that wraps completely around the side and is very private and shaded. Linda

Another question,,,,, The aft balcony on the Verandah is right below the

Lido, Is that a problem? What about noise? cigarette butts?

I do not care about other people seeing me on the balcony etc.. I just do not want them to look inside the room! How about the sun? I am taking my neice with me this cruise , my nephew is serving in Iraq and this is my gift to her while he is away for such a looooong time. They live at Ramstein in Germany, so they are not use to the hot summer sun like us Floridians.

Thanks again everyone for all your comments and suggestions.

Susan

Another question,,,,, The aft balcony on the Verandah is right below the

Lido, Is that a problem? What about noise? cigarette butts?

I do not care about other people seeing me on the balcony etc.. I just do not want them to look inside the room! How about the sun? I am taking my neice with me this cruise , my nephew is serving in Iraq and this is my gift to her while he is away for such a looooong time. They live at Ramstein in Germany, so they are not use to the hot summer sun like us Floridians.

Thanks again everyone for all your comments and suggestions.

Susan

You do hear a little bit of chairs being moved around but that didn't bother us at all. you would also on occasion a cigarette ash would fall down from above but that didn't really bother us to much and we are both non smokers. It was a little hotter at the back because of the sun and no wind but we do like the sun and really enjoyed the peace quiet just sitting on the balcony

Archived