Transporation from MIA to ship

cmztravelers

I wanted to let everyone know that is needing to get from the Miami airport to the Port of Miami that the taxi cabs are regulated and charge a flat $24.00 fee, per cab. No one else will come close to that price. We are planning on taking our hotel shuttle back to the airport on cruise day and jumping in a cab from there. It may be a little more time consuming but with four of us traveling together you can't beat the price.

We are going on our first cruise out of Miami on Sunday. Do you know if there are any free shuttles that go from the airport to the pier? Or do we just need to take a cab?

Thank you.

Their is no free shuttle to the pier from that airport however NCL has a shuttle bus and I think the cost is $20 per person. But if there are more than one person in your party, I would take a taxi, it would be cheaper around $25 - $30 including tip.

Are you going on the Jewel? We are on the same cruise if you are on the Jewel.

Doug

Their is no free shuttle to the pier from that airport however NCL has a shuttle bus and I think the cost is $20 per person. But if there are more than one person in your party, I would take a taxi, it would be cheaper around $25 - $30 including tip.

Are you going on the Jewel? We are on the same cruise if you are on the Jewel.

Doug

Yes, we are going on the Jewel. We are first time cruisers, but I'm sure we will love it. I can't wait to get out of the office and into the sunshine!!

We always go at least a day early. If we have a rental car they usually have a free shuttle to the pier. Just beware the shuttle quality varies widely. I'll never again rely on Alamo/National for a shuttle to the ship. We've also stayed in hotels near the pier and taken cabs. The cabs work very well. I wouldn't consider anything else to get from the ship to the airport unless I had a lot of time and wanted to do some sightseeing. Then a rental car works well. You can generally rent cars at one place in FL and turn them in elsewhere. We once flew back from Ft. Myers in the evening. That time we rented a car and drove across the Everglades on the Tamiami Trail. We were able to take in an air boat ride and see lots of alligators.

Archived