Diamond Princess with almost 5yr old

browneyes274

I say alomst 5 yr old because we go in April and my son is 5 in May.

My question is to those that have been on the Diamond, and in the kids area. We are doing the 15 day Hawaii so what are some MUST HAVE's???

Do they have board games??? Crayons, coloring books???

I'm just wondering if my son and I can get a game or crayons and go play somwhere quietly or if I should find some travel size versions of CandyLand and Chutes & Ladders.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I say alomst 5 yr old because we go in April and my son is 5 in May.

My question is to those that have been on the Diamond, and in the kids area. We are doing the 15 day Hawaii so what are some MUST HAVE's???

Do they have board games??? Crayons, coloring books???

I'm just wondering if my son and I can get a game or crayons and go play somwhere quietly or if I should find some travel size versions of CandyLand and Chutes & Ladders.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We just did the 15 day Diamond over Christmas and you will love it. It was our best cruise yet. I can't tell you exactly what supplies they have for the 5 year old group as my daughter was in the 7-9 group. I can tell you though that the kid's club has a full schedule of activities, crafts and games everyday that will keep your little guy occupied when he is there. For the times he is not in the club, travel games, crayons and coloring books would probably a good thing to keep in your stateroom. The coloring supplies will probably come in handy at dinner to help keep him busy. Also, if you and your hubby want to have a peaceful adult dinner, you can always take him to the buffet to eat and then sign him into the kids club when they open at 7 p.m. I am assuming you have Anytime dining as opposed to traditional. If you don't, I would highly recommend you change to anytime as it is much easier to have that flexibility when you are traveling with a child. My daughter still likes to bring a stuffed animal with her to sleep with at night and a few books to read as well.

If you have any other questions about the Diamond cruise I would be happy to answer them for you!

We were on the Diamond Princess 7 day cruise to Alaska last July with our two daughters. The oldest was 10 at the time and the youngest was turning 4 a week after the cruise so she would have been in the same play area as your son will be (I think that it was called Princess Pelicans). Both girls loved the kids play rooms - when we weren't off the boat on excursions that is where they wanted to be. The room that our youngest was in was large and seemed to have many available activities, although parents could not stay and participate and I don't believe that there were materials to sign out. The counsellors were great (our daughter's favourite was an elementary school teacher working on the ship for the summer). Her favourite activity would seem to have been crafts as she came home with a large folder filled with her arts and crafts work. Many of the crafts related to Alaska so it added to the learning experience. She also had with her a small knapsack filled with coloring books, crayons, stickers, books and small toys to keep her busy in our stateroom or at dinner. Both of our girls loved the cruise and were never bored.

Archived