Liberty or Explorer?????

I am facing a dilemma for next April. I am looking at 2 cruises, and can't decide which to pick! I am looking at a GS on the Explorer, a 9 day Eastern Caribbean cruise, or a JS on the Liberty, a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise. The upside of the Explorer cruise is that we are from MA, so we could drive to NJ, and wouldn't have to drive. The downside, is I am a little nervous to cruise out of NJ, as it won't be as warm right away, and I am nervous the waters might be a little bit rougher. Any input from anyone??? Such a tough decision. Would be nice to be on a 9 day cruise! But we are going on the Liberty this April, and I think we might be spoiled by the nice new ship......HELP!!!

Havent been on The Liberty but it looks incredible whereas the Explorer is an older design and to be quite honest the balconys sucked !! Too much metal and not enough glass....So you probably would be spoiled. ...Nice Royal Promenade but from what Ive seen the Liberty is much nicer looking...I wish I could afford to go on her :(

The specialty restaurant wasnt that great either..I would go for The Liberty

I am facing a dilemma for next April. I am looking at 2 cruises, and can't decide which to pick! I am looking at a GS on the Explorer, a 9 day Eastern Caribbean cruise, or a JS on the Liberty, a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise. The upside of the Explorer cruise is that we are from MA, so we could drive to NJ, and wouldn't have to drive. The downside, is I am a little nervous to cruise out of NJ, as it won't be as warm right away, and I am nervous the waters might be a little bit rougher. Any input from anyone??? Such a tough decision. Would be nice to be on a 9 day cruise! But we are going on the Liberty this April, and I think we might be spoiled by the nice new ship......HELP!!!

We took a 12 night on Explorer in January. We're also from Mass, and had minor qualms, but it was fantastic! Have another 12 nighter booked in November 08. :) The seas were fine, and the weather warmed up very quickly. Returning, we were using the pool unril the last day.

If you are doing Liberty this April then I would try Explorer next April. Being from PA, I keep wanting to do Explorer but the prices have been as much as if not more than the price of the Freedom ships INCLUDING airfare. :(

Or just hold off and come with us on Genesis in Fall :)

We've been on the Explorer twice and are heading out for a third trip next week. Last Aug. we had a GS, it was great, the balcony was huge, the CL (and Ricky) were wonderful. Bathroom with 2 sinks. I'll let you know how it is sailing out in Feb. (I know we'll have some cold weather) but we sailed out of NY in April and few years ago and it was fine.

We are sailing Liberty this April (12th) and have booked Explorer out of Bayonne next April (12 night).

We sailed QM2 round trip out of New York and a repo on Voyager from Miami into Bayonne.

Most of the days the seas were OK, and temperatures also weren't bad. First day out may be cooler but it gets better fast.

Plus being able to drive to a port is so nice . . .

I have sailed on Explorer twice (in spring and fall) and have never had any problems with rough seas- it can just happen anywhere at any time, so don't let that deter you from going on Explorer. We are going back on Explorer in April- so I just anticipate the first day at sea being one that is not spent lounging by the pool. But, you never know with the way the weather is today in Maryland, April may be blistering hot!

I sailed on Liberty last August and the ship is beautiful- I especially loved the H2O zone, as we had our kids with us. The Explorer is just as beautiful- nicely maintained and laid out almost exactly.

For me, it would simply come down to price. If I could sail in a larger room for more days then that would be my answer- not having to fly is a bonus.

Hands down, do the Liberty cruise.

I sailed the FOS and then the Explorer. I was VERY disappointed with the Explorer compared to FOS. The service, food and ship were so much better on the FOS - since Liberty is the sister ship, I would definitely recommend that instead of Explorer.

Archived