14-18 inches of snow today

mspink98

This is what 15" of snow looks like...in one big dump!

Yesterday morning I could see grass at the base of this pile...

2670570620042131291S500x500Q85.jpg

Yesterday morning there were NO piles here...

2063200900042131291S500x500Q85.jpg

Yesterday morning, these trees looked like evergreens...they were green too!

2380853500042131291S500x500Q85.jpg

There is a bird feeder in there somewhere...

2202001260042131291S500x500Q85.jpg

BILL

We had killer tornadoes last evening. About 50 dead.

One hit a natural gas pumping station 20 miles from our home, flames 300-400 feet high. The orange glow could be seen for about 50 miles.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by the tornadoes. It was heartbreaking to see all the devastation. I can't begin to imagine what it feels like being in the center of things. God Bless!

My husband's cousin's eighteen year old daughter was killed in a head on collision yesterday near my home. The other driver lost control on the roads. She was a couple months from graduating high school. It was and is a horrible shock over here.

Again, I need vacation. It's going to be a hard few days coming up.

Another Wisconsinite here!! We're in Southwest Wisconsin and this snow storm is ridiculous! I think the weather station in Madison said that 145 schools are out today.

We leave 3 weeks from today! And as I look out the window, I think "that can't come any sooner!" Just think, instead of white snow, it'll be white sand!

I also live in Wisconsin and school was cancelled for me today so I love the snow! :D

I live in between Chicago and Milwaukee.....we're really getting blasted here. All schools including NIUniversity were closed today. My son goes there, I'm sure he's loving it.

You guys "down south" have really gotten pounded this year! Up here in GB we got NOTHING (not a single flake fell on my black asphalt driveway) -- In fact we had warm enough temps and a thin enough cloud cover that we got some melt off.

As to those of you who somehow or another feel that living in a warmer climate is a GOOD thing -- just keep on thinking it. We've got quiet enough people living here, any more might impact my standard of life. I live in a 5YO house on a 1+ acre of fully wooded (mature oak, maple, some ash) lot. My daily commute to work is never more than 10-12 minutes. I live less than 1 mile from four really great golf courses (at which I can AFFORD to golf). My DD goes to a public school in a district that was rated in USNews' best public high schools. I live 5 minutes from NFL football stadium and in less than two hours after leaving my driveway, I can be in the parking lot of a professional baseball team's stadium eating a brat an hour before game time. I have an artisan well -- I can water my garden all spring/summer/fall without any restrictions. The statistical metropolitan area in which I live consistantly has one of the lowest violent crime rates in the country. I can snowshoe or cross-country ski on groomed trails (winter) or bike/hike on trails that actally border my home's lot.

Go ahead and sweat it out in your water-rationed world. Laugh at us all you want -- you really don't know what you are missing! :D

My husband's cousin's eighteen year old daughter was killed in a head on collision yesterday near my home. The other driver lost control on the roads. She was a couple months from graduating high school. It was and is a horrible shock over here.

Again, I need vacation. It's going to be a hard few days coming up.

So sorry for your family's loss. My thoughts are with you.

Archived