Royal Caribbean sponsored excursions?

tray

There are a lot of reviews from people who have taken outside excursions in the Cayman Islands (and I know why......cheaper, more flexibility, etc.). but we are looking for reviews from those cruisers who took ship sponsored excursions (RCCL specifically) to tell us what you liked and/or didn't like about the excursion you chose to take in the Cayman Islands. I keep searching and there are never many, if any, responses to previous posts about specific RCCL excursions. Please let me know if you've been! Thanks!

Perhaps there is a reason for the lack of RCI excursion reviews?

And what would that be? Are you thinking no one has enjoyed them or they are too expensive/poor value?

And what would that be? Are you thinking no one has enjoyed them or they are too expensive/poor value?

The two Royal Caribbean excursions we did last summer in St. Thomas and St. Maarten were two of the best excursions we've ever taken, and I thought the cost was very reasonable. I know there are some cruiseline excursions that are very crowded, but that hasn't been my experience so far on my RCCL trips. I guess I like the security of sticking with the ship's tours, even if it costs me a bit more.

No, I was thinking that generally, Cruise Critic members are more informed as to their options for shore tours and as such, don't usually go with the ship's excursions in Grand Cayman.

That and they do tend to be more expensive than equivalent private tours.

Twice in Grand Cayman we have done the excursion (can't remember the name of it to save my life!) where two of you are in a boat that you "drive" yourself and you stop a couple of places to snorkel. The boats really zip, you get to buzz the ship a few times too! It's a great side trip. Last year my 6y/o nephew loved the Pirate Ship adventure we took him on. The kids (and some adults!) get to jump in the ocean from the decks :eek: and the pirates are very authentic looking.

Last spring, we took advantage of one of the Stingray City excursions in Grand Cayman, sponsored by Royal Caribbean. It was perfect! The timing was to the minute, nothing was rushed, the tour guides had personality plus, and the buses and boats were very nice. Although we've taken many private tours, it's nice to have everything in place when the ship docks. My husband remarked that the excursion was one of the favorite things he's done in his life!

son & i did the rccl stingray excursion last year - it was great!!!

for stingray city, don't think it really matters who you book through - it is always crowded, but each tour has their own spot, so its not too bad. just holding, feeding, and swimming around those creatures was amazing!

Archived