Slide on Labadee

Do they still have the slide on Labadee? Is it worth it and where is it located? Is it next to the water playground?

It's located behind some of the loungers, off to the side, my DD (11 at the time) did not use it enough for the price we paid for the unlimited use.

She did like it, but only went down about 5 times. It looked fun to me though:)

The slide is great fun and not expensive. We've been there twice, and I couldn't count how many times our boys went down it. DH and I did it a few times too, but then we got lounges at the bottom and just relaxed while watching the kids slide. You will see the slide from the tender, just over from the Arawak water park.

when i went to labadee a few years back, there were people of all ages...kids and adults playing in the park...it was quite a bit of fun and we had a one hour block of time that we could utilize it...but you could use anything and everything as many times as you wanted during that one hour...

beware however...there were several people (including myself and my friend) badly stung by jelly fish...they are everywhere in that area...

How old are your kids that used the slide? One of my daughters age 6 is just under the height limit but she went on the exact slide in FL last year and had a great time. Just wondering if they really check the height.

The first time we went to Labadee, our kids were 10 and 13, so I can't help you with your question. Hopefully someone else will be able to.

How about the water park?? Is that worth it, and for what age group?? Can you only use that for a specified time?

You will see people of all ages in the Arawak water park. Our kids did it, we did it, and my parents did it. Everyone MUST wear a life jacket, which is provided. I was thankful that we had them because the water is deep there and playing on the "toys" is strenuous (but lots of fun). I believe the time limit is 50 minutes, which really is enough time.

There is also Luc's Splash Bash, which used to be $5 but apparently is now free, from what I've read here. It is geared toward younger children and is a very nice play area. When they were still charging to use this area, the playtime was technically two hours but the staff said the kids could come and go all day.

You will be given a colored bracelet for each activity so that they know who has paid. Well, actually you probably won't be given one for Luc's now.

I thought that I had read that there was a discount if you did both the waterpark and the slide, is that true?

I did not sign up early enough for the waterpark, and it is now full, I am hoping that I can get my kids in when we get there.

Great, thanks for the info! I am really looking forward to Labadee! What do you do if you get stung by a jellyfish?? Anyone else out there had that problem?

You can get stung by a jellyfish anywhere at anytime. You could also step on a sea urchin or get cut on coral! They could be there one day and not the next! We always wear water shoes (though my DD hates to) When we cruised this past December everyone posted of all the jellyfish at the Dolphin excursion in Cozumel and stated they all had been stung. We did not see any at all!

Labadee is one of our favorite ports!! It's beautiful...Enjoy it!! We'll be backthere in April!!!

Great, thanks for the info! I am really looking forward to Labadee! What do you do if you get stung by a jellyfish?? Anyone else out there had that problem?

Have you ever seen the Friends episode where Monica was stung -- stung bad -- by a jellyfish?!:D

WHen we were there 8/06, about 10 people maybe more got stung, the staff has a bunch of spray bottles full of vinegar and they spray it on for you.

It was so bad on the day we were there, they were "scooping" them up with the rental float mats and then plopping them in the large round metal trash cans.

Whose to say if there is an influx when you visit, you will probably be fine.

My DH and daughter could of cared less, they were playing and swimming all over the beach. Me? No Way :eek::p

• 1 month later...

Archived