Has Anybody Stayed At The Traiano Hotel In Civitavecchia, Italy

We are four couples looking for a hotel in Civitavecchia for one night before our cruise. We are arriving on Sept 9th and someone has said the Traiano is a good hotel to stay at. Would appreciate your feedback.

Larry

Just saw your post! DH & I are sailing out of Rome on 10.01.08, 12-day cruise, Carnival Freedom, Grand Mediterranean. We've been to Rome 3 times, so we're going to come into Fiumicino Int'l Airport the day before the ship sials, make it over to Civitavecchia and spend our time there, at the hotel, etc 'til we sail the next day!

I thought this info might be helpful to you:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g194743-d565780-Reviews-Hotel_Traiano-Civitavecchia_Lazio.html

We've booked 1 night pre-cruise at the following hotel 'cause it looks soooooooooo charming :o

http://www.sangiorgiohotel.biz/en/index.htm

Hope all of this info helps!

I had originally thought about staying in Civitavecchia, but the 1 to 1 1/12 hour train ride each way into Rome discouraged me.

The Hotel Traiano (sp?) at $165 isn't bad. The Hotel San Giorgio at $270 was way too much for me.

I found a B&B that I was seriously contemplating at 75 EUR per night for a twin. Plus they will do a transfer from the airport to the hotel for extra cost and a courtesy transfer to the pier or train station.

http://nuke.casamicacv.it/

Have a great trip whatever you decide.

We're leaving in 19 days!!! Our friends are staying at the Traiano for a few days pre-cruise and we're staying there for a day post cruise. Through no pre-planning another cc group is also staying there pre-cruise. Right now the off-season rates can't be beat and the airport transportation is in the ball-park with others. Off-season the rates range from 85E to 120E for a grand suite. Even the standard rooms have balconies and the rooms look nice.

I'll report back in March.

I had originally thought about staying in Civitavecchia, but the 1 to 1 1/12 hour train ride each way into Rome discouraged me.

The Hotel Traiano (sp?) at $165 isn't bad. The Hotel San Giorgio at $270 was way too much for me.

I found a B&B that I was seriously contemplating at 75 EUR per night for a twin. Plus they will do a transfer from the airport to the hotel for extra cost and a courtesy transfer to the pier or train station.

http://nuke.casamicacv.it/

Have a great trip whatever you decide.

WOW!!! The B&B looks great! Yes...the San Giorgio is pricey, isn't it?

I may give this B&B a look-see! Thanks for the info!

WOW!!! The B&B looks great! Yes...the San Giorgio is pricey, isn't it?

I may give this B&B a look-see! Thanks for the info!

The website has their email address too. Patricia was so nice when were emailing back and forth. Was really counting on staying there with the sea view, but alas the short time in Rome vs the long commute time, just didn't make sense to us.

Be sure to look at the photos on the website, Patricia and Germano look like such a nice young couple.

Archived