Info on small ships up the Amazon????

eandme

A couple of weeks ago I received an email from CC about a small ship ( 850) cruise for 21 days from Nassau up the Amazon and back to Ft. Lauderdale in Dec. 08. It is called Enrichment Voyages and I believe the ship they use is the ship that is normally used for the University at Sea programs and this would be in between their semesters. The itinerary is quite good and the price is excellent as it also includes air. I have been trying to find out more information about the cruise but have not seen anything on CC about it or by googling it. It seems quite comparable to a 23 night cruise by Voyages of Discovery that is also a small ship that has an Amazon cruise in April 08. It is quite a bit more expensive, however. Both ships offer "classes" on board ranging from history to archeology to birding etc. which really appeals to us as does the small size. Do the regular cruise lines such as HAL or Princess offer lectures or classes on board? Does anybody have any information on either cruise: Voyages of Discovery or Enrichment Voyages that go up the Amazon? Thanks for any info you can give.

Wendy

A couple of weeks ago I received an email from CC about a small ship ( 850) cruise for 21 days from Nassau up the Amazon and back to Ft. Lauderdale in Dec. 08. It is called Enrichment Voyages and I believe the ship they use is the ship that is normally used for the University at Sea programs and this would be in between their semesters. The itinerary is quite good and the price is excellent as it also includes air. I have been trying to find out more information about the cruise but have not seen anything on CC about it or by googling it. It seems quite comparable to a 23 night cruise by Voyages of Discovery that is also a small ship that has an Amazon cruise in April 08. It is quite a bit more expensive, however. Both ships offer "classes" on board ranging from history to archeology to birding etc. which really appeals to us as does the small size. Do the regular cruise lines such as HAL or Princess offer lectures or classes on board? Does anybody have any information on either cruise: Voyages of Discovery or Enrichment Voyages that go up the Amazon? Thanks for any info you can give.

Wendy

Just googled "enrichment voyages" and this info appeared.

http://www.enrichmentvoyages.com/

That is a pretty darn good itinerary and price. Just have to get to the Bahamas.

Here's info about the other one.

http://www.voyagesofdiscovery.com/

Thanks for info on those websites. I had looked at those earlier. I guess I was wondering if anybody had any first hand experience with either of these cruise companies. First hand knowledge is always so valuable Website only telll you what they want you to know. That's why I like CC so much..so much information from cruisers who have been there, done that!

Archived