First Time Cruiser /Valor 2/24/08

Mojogonomo

This is my first cruise:p . I booked an Eastern Carribean cruise on the Valor (2/24/08). I booked a balcony and a inside stateroom for my family on the upper deck. I have two children 8 & 15 they are really looking forward to the cruise. Got a couple of questions ,our rooms appear to be above the Ivanho Theater . Will the shows keeps us up allnight ? What time is the last show? My children are looking forward to the Carnivals kids clubs , I hope they wont be dissapointed.They are not shy so I have to beleve they will have a good time.. Im hearing stories about chair hogs at the pools :mad: , any info would be helpfull.

Any tips or info for us would be great. I booked two shore excursions, one with Carnival on St Martin Pine Island Excursion and one with Sunny Liston on St Thomas. I didnt book a shore excursion on Nassu. Im thinking about taking a water taxi to Atlantis ,the resort and aqurium look great ???. We are beach people.So any info on must see beaches would be great .

Thanks

Hi,

We are also going on the Valor, but are traveling on the 4/6/08 cruise. I have to say that the balcony cabin is definitely worth it...just sitting out there watching the flying fish while leaving port or enjoying a cocktail while watching the sunset is a major plus!! We didn't use Camp Carnival but my 15 yr old found lots of kids his age and we didn't see much of him after the 1st night (although we always had dinner together in the dining room and did shore excursions). I know that we were also thinking about going over to Atlantis at Nassau, but after reading a lot of posts here, I think we've changed our minds. We're going to go to Cable Beach and the Wyndam Hotel where you can get a day pass for $15/adult and $7.50/child to enjoy their pools/beach/towels/restrooms/food!!

Archived