Different for Us

JCSM-Mom

We've cruised many times and several times with the young kiddos. I've always cruised whenever the prices were best. Next year I have to plan a cruise in the summer. My stepdaughter graduates highschool and we told her we'd take her and a friend if she kept her grades at a certain GPA for the next two years. Either way we'll probaby take her on a cruise, and maybe a friend. Since DS will be going into 1st grade and DD will be starting Kindergarten we have to plan a cruise during the summer. The only place I've cruised to in the summer is Bermuda.

Prices in the summer seem so much higher and then there are the hurricane's to deal with. We only will have a window mostly likely of July and the first couple of weeks of August. DSD is in Softball and DS in Baseball during June.

Looks like won't be crusing much in the next years to come between school and sports....

Any advice from the other families out there? Other than Alaska, what's your favorite summer time cruising locations?

Thanks!

Since DS will be going into 1st grade and DD will be starting Kindergarten we have to plan a cruise during the summer.

Thanks!

Really? Does your school require that? Our elementary school allows 5 days for "family vacation".

I'll stop pulling the kids out of school when they hit older grades. ;)

We do cruise in the Summer too, but the words "mad chaos" comes to mind when I think of our last Summer cruise...lol. I think I am going to stick with the spring or fall months.

Really? Does your school require that? Our elementary school allows 5 days for "family vacation".

I'll stop pulling the kids out of school when they hit older grades. ;)

We do cruise in the Summer too, but the words "mad chaos" comes to mind when I think of our last Summer cruise...lol. I think I am going to stick with the spring or fall months.

Well, I wasn't completely clear. :o Since we are taking my step-daughter for graduation, that is really the need for the summer cruise this time, since she will be starting college in the fall. Also, the only time they don't have sports is mid-july through August. DSD plays softball and is usually on a all-stars team that prolongs the season.

I also prefer the spring or fall months. I'll have to check into the 5 days for family vacation for the little ones. At least that way we can still cruise during our favorite times for a few more years other than next year.:)

Archived