Activities for 14 year old???

Cheriesellshomes

We will be traveling on the Valor "Western side" in a few days and I was wondering about the activities available for my son. We typically travel with a large group and he has friends with him, but this time he will be the only child in the group. I have seen some of the capers on webshots but not any for this particular age group (12-14). What experiences have you had and what type of activities do they do? My son already says he does not want to participate, but I know if he can meet some friends we will all have a better time. He will have a walkee talkee but I am still leary of letting him roam the ship alone. I will feel better if he at least has another teen with him.

My DD was 14 on our last cruise. I made her go to the first night's activities to meet people. She was not happy at first, but she did end up meeting people.

I would also go your roll call on these boards (hurry if you have only a few days!) and see if others who are traveling have any kids around 14 yo. Then, you can meet as a family on the ship.

Have a great time! We LOVED our Valor cruise (also western).

The Valor is getting a new Circle C area for the 12-14 year old group. There is suppose to be new activities and all new room just for them. I have searched, but not seen any feedback on Circle C. We are also on the Valor next month with our 14 year old ds. So when you return update us with all of the details. My son has asked what the new room is like and what is in it, but I really couldn't find too much information to tell him. So be the first for a full report for our inquiring mind.

We will be traveling on the Valor "Western side" in a few days and I was wondering about the activities available for my son. We typically travel with a large group and he has friends with him, but this time he will be the only child in the group. I have seen some of the capers on webshots but not any for this particular age group (12-14). What experiences have you had and what type of activities do they do? My son already says he does not want to participate, but I know if he can meet some friends we will all have a better time. He will have a walkee talkee but I am still leary of letting him roam the ship alone. I will feel better if he at least has another teen with him.

try to get a dinning table eith other couple that has teens. Take care of that the first thing you get on ship . Next make him go to teen world, your the prarent you can do it. Next if see teens the same age as my son or dw i introduce them. Next give him 5 dollar to go to the video arcade. Need 5 min he will be back for 5 more dollars. Next talk to another parent that you see has teens on ship. an see if you can hook up a friendship, every parent is going though the samething. happy cruising:cool: An remember if your teen isnt havingfun you wont have fun.

One more thing go to the roll call for your ship an ask if anyone else has teens going on the cruise he will have freinds be for he sails. Thats a good thing SEEYA:cool:

Yeah, my kiddos always loved Camp Carnival & never had problems making friends ... until this past cruise when my daughter was 13. Those teens just don't make friends as easy as the younger ages. She had a great time, but it was definitely different.

I agree with the other posters ... try to meet up with people prior to the cruise & have your son at least go to some events to try to meet up with kids his age.

The arcade was a great place to make friends for this age group - I think even moreso for boys.

Have a great cruise!

Archived