Obc ?

We prepaid OBC through our travel agent, when we use our seapass will this amount come off our account first before they charge our credit card?

Yes but...why would you do this? :confused:

Since TA's can gift OBC's to passengers, I'm willing to bet that TA pocketed your $$ and used points to get you the OBC.

Unless TA gave you a deal - like "give me $100 in cash and I will get you $200, $300 in OBC", I see no reason why you shouldnt leave your cash in your own bank account, collecting interest for you, and then use it to pay your credit card statement when it arrives in the mail.....:confused:

no reason why you shouldnt leave your cash in your own bank account, collecting interest for you, and then use it to pay your credit card statement when it arrives in the mail....
I agree completely. There are those that are unable to "leave your cash in your own bank account" then have it available "to pay your credit card statement when it arrives in the mail". That's an entirely different issue, however.

I agree completely. There are those that are unable to "leave your cash in your own bank account" then have it available "to pay your credit card statement when it arrives in the mail". That's an entirely different issue, however.

I just feel like this is a less than honest TA.....

Unless TA gave you a deal - like "give me $100 in cash and I will get you $200, $300 in OBC", I see no reason why you shouldnt leave your cash in your own bank account, collecting interest for you, and then use it to pay your credit card statement when it arrives in the mail.....:confused:

Absolutely the way to go. Can get interest on the money up until the credit card bill is due, and then you can get some type of perk from the credit card, such as cash back, for paying it off.

I just feel like this is a less than honest TA.....

How do you know that the prepayment of an OBC was not the OP idea? They didn't say the TA made them do it. Maybe they know that they will be charging stuff on board, and want some of the charge to hit their credit card on a different statement. They are sailing on 2/17. So they prepay a certain amount to hit on the next CC bill, and the rest of the charges for the trip will be on the next.

Many people are not good with money and this would allow them to pay in advance. That way, theywill have the money and not have used it fotr a bill.

Your method assumes they will pay their credit card in full and get perks. Maybe they only have a debit card or never pay their full balance.

Archived