Cozumel excursions with 15, 13, 3 and 18 mth old

MNmomof4

Does anyone have excursion ideas for Cozumel for a family with kids (15,13,3,and 1)? I'm wondering if I should send DH on an excursion with the older boys while I do something else with the younger kids? We are doing a 4 day carnival cruise and Cozumel is our only port.

If your 15 and 13 year old are interested in swimming with the dolphins -- you can do the dolphin swim excursion. It's located at Chankanaub Marine Park -- which also has a beach, swimming facilities, a pool, snorkling, and food service. Admission is 12 for adults (those without dolphin swim tickets) and children under 3 or 4 are free. You don't need to buy the ship's excursion, either. You can go directly to the website and buy tickets and a cabride is free with dolphin tickets.

If you/your kids/spouse aren't interested in the whole dolphin thing -- I would recommend you all go to Paradise beach. Again, don't take the ship's tour... get a cab. Admission is free -- chairs are free (but you need to buy food/drink) and there are rentals for beach toys (like trampolines, etc) for the older kids.

If your 15 and 13 year old are interested in swimming with the dolphins -- you can do the dolphin swim excursion. It's located at Chankanaub Marine Park -- which also has a beach, swimming facilities, a pool, snorkling, and food service. Admission is 12 for adults (those without dolphin swim tickets) and children under 3 or 4 are free. You don't need to buy the ship's excursion, either. You can go directly to the website and buy tickets and a cabride is free with dolphin tickets.

If you/your kids/spouse aren't interested in the whole dolphin thing -- I would recommend you all go to Paradise beach. Again, don't take the ship's tour... get a cab. Admission is free -- chairs are free (but you need to buy food/drink) and there are rentals for beach toys (like trampolines, etc) for the older kids.

Thanks for the info. What about car seats...do cabs provide them or should we bring ours?

I was going to recommend the exact same thing as Kat. I've done both and the dolphin swim was so worth it. DH hated the expense, but afterwards even he said it was so worth it. Very nice beach and I think there's a little lagoon area for the little ones and decent snorkeling on the main beach (if I remember correctly). Paradise Beach is also nice with the water trampoline and iceburg for climbing (for the older kids). I love Cozumel!

Archived