Gallery One, Hampton Inn Plantation or Courtyard Las Olas?

Husker Cruzer

Any suggestions on these hotels? We will be in Ft. Lauderdale 1 night pre-cruise and 1 night post cruise in mid March. Won't have a car and traveling with 3 college age kids so would like to be close to area with shopping/restaurants. Currently have a room at Gallery One but not sure if we should keep it.

I can only speak for the Gallery One but I think it is a great hotel. We have stayed there several times pre and post cruises. The latest time being this past May. The hotel has been completely redone and the suites are very nice with large lcd wall tvs, nice kitchen and living areas. We like the location next to the Galleria Mall. The mall has some very good restaurants along with a great food court. Water Taxi stops at rear of hotel. Nice pool along with a small area for relaxing and watching the yachts pass by. There is also a drug store across from hotel. Only downside I guess would be the taxi cost to the hotel since there is not complimentary service. Our fare to the airport was approximately $25.00 with tip and I think about $18.00 or $20.00 from the port.

Comparing room rates and transportation costs at the Gallery One versus the Hampton Inn your likely to save more then $100 by staying at the Hampton Inn. For a one night pre or post cruise stay that would be my choice. For an extended vacation of 3 or 4 days the Gallery One would provide the ability to do more things.

Costs at the Gallery One, not counting transportation, are actually less since we will only need one room (the 2 BR Suite), vs 2 rooms at the other hotels. Pre cruise we don't fly in until 5pm so really just need a nice room with some place to go out to eat with a safe area to walk to. Also thought about Hampton Inn at the airport pre cruise. Able to get that cheaper than the one in Plantation but thought the area around the Plantation might me nicer, but don't know.

...thought about Hampton Inn at the airport pre cruise. Able to get that cheaper than the one in Plantation but thought the area around the Plantation might me nicer, but don't know.

The area around the Plantation Hampton Inn is safer and a lot nicer.

Archived