Considering Princess for "09 Italy/Croatia/Greece

mickeyuk1

Hello fellow cruiser. My wife and I just booked the Princess Caribbean cruise 2 weeks ago and are eagerly awaiting the trip which leaves March 16th '08. The winter has been cold and snowy here in Kansas City, MO which has increased our appetite for sunshine and white sandy beaches. I hear mostly good things about the Princess Cruise line but we have never been on this line. My experience has been with Carnival for 3 cruises (Festvale '92, Paradise '98?, Miracle '06) and then Holland Vendam in '05.

We are interested to hear what are the some of the clear differentiating factors between Princess and HAL/Carnival. We are willing to hear the good, bad and ugly. We are still opened minded enough to make our own judgment of our likes and dislikes of any vacation.

If this works out we will probably use PCL for a Italy/Greece/Croatia trip in '09. Interested to hear any feedback on Princess or/and Princess Europe cruises.

image.php?code=0XT13266bcXk17Xs22XCaribbean%20Princess

mickeyuk1

Your address indicates the UK, so Europe will not be a new experience for you. Our Med cruise in 2003 on the Grand was fantastic, as we had not travel Europe before. It's definitely our favorite :D !

Do as previous posters have said and chose what and where you want to do. We started out in Barcelona and ended in Venice w/ stops in Monte Carol, Florence, Naples, Athens, Esphesus, and Istanbul. The itenerary for 09 you are considering sounds like a lot of fun, too.

Ed & Jean

Archived