How do you keep little ones from rolling out of bed?

digginthedirt

Since there aren't bed rails on the cruise ship beds , I'm wondering how people keep the "little rollers" from ending up on the floor?

We have a balcony so I don't think there is a wall I could push the bed against like I normally would.

Has anyone ever packed a bed rail in their suitcase?

Just wondering:)

We use a twin size inflatable mattress when we travel. We put it on the floor and it works out really well. It was less than $20, doesn't take up much room, inflates/deflates in seconds, and since we bring our son's sheets, it makes him a bit more comfortable as it is more similar to his bed at home.

We use a twin size inflatable mattress when we travel. We put it on the floor and it works out really well. It was less than $20, doesn't take up much room, inflates/deflates in seconds, and since we bring our son's sheets, it makes him a bit more comfortable as it is more similar to his bed at home.

Does that fit well on the floor? We're in two rooms (me and daughter in one, husband and son in the other), but we were saying today that we'd like to have the option of all bunking together. Our 3 yo often sleeps in our bed and our 7 yo could sleep on the twin mattress.

We were able to put it at the end of the bed between the bed and wall. If it had been bigger, it wouldn't have fit. There weren't any problems but I did have to crawl over my wife to get to the bathroom as the floor space was occupied. However, that can be fun in itself! To store it, we actually slid it under the bed and didn't even deflate it. However, if you had luggage there, it would easily deflate when you wanted the floor space in the morning. Note that if you get one, make sure that it has a pump (battery operated) or buy one separately. It would take a lot of air to blow one up without a pump. Ours was less than $20 which included the pump.

Thanks everyone for the replies!!

I think I like the folding bed rail the best!!!

They're 3yo and 7yo. The 3yo is the rolly one. I think I'll get the folding rail or see if one of our current rails fits in my suitcase.

I think the inflatable mattress is a nice idea but I'm not sure I'd have the room to pack it!!!

As always CC people are so helpful:)

THIS IS A WONDERFUL PRODUCT

We actually have the inflatable bed rail by Toddler Coddler and I highly recommend it. We us it at home rather than a metal one and we have extra's that we purchased (2 pack at Costco online $49.00) Our parents live in town so we keep extra's at their house for when they watch her. Our daughter loves this and calls it her special bed pillow. By the way DO NOT BOTHER ordering the small hand pump it is very easy to blow up by mouth - takes about as much time as a pool float. Also the cover is washable.

INflatable bed rail/ pillow only takes up the space of a buky sweater

Happy travelling

Archived