Email from Carnival... should we book it now?

MnAsMom

We are hoping to cruise at the end of June right after DS gets out of school. Mexican Riviera cause we live in So Cal and can avoid airfare. So the deal I was emailed was This Saturday, February 9th, book your cruise to Mexico and you can save up to $200* and receive a FREE stateroom upgrade.

Is it worth it to book this way or go through something like vacations to go? Will there be a better deal?

Just want to get a good rate... first cruise for our boys (3 and 6) and they keep seeing commercials and asking when we are going on a big boat!

Unfortunetly summer or spring break are our only options. Our school district makes it difficult to pull kids out for vacations!

I don't know that $200 and an upgrade is a good deal? Is it? Thats what I was asking! Does Carnival direct offer the same rates that a site like Vacations to go offers? I emailed the representative that is listed in the email I received... she has yet to respond to my email and questions. This is the first time we are booking a cruise since we booked a cruise on RC for our honeymoon.... actually my husband did that through a travel agent so I am basically a 1st timer here!

I don't know that $200 and an upgrade is a good deal? Is it? Thats what I was asking! Does Carnival direct offer the same rates that a site like Vacations to go offers? !

I think they mean you are only getting an upgraded room not $200 as well... You can call Carnival and see what pricing they give you.

We are hoping to cruise at the end of June right after DS gets out of school. Mexican Riviera cause we live in So Cal and can avoid airfare. So the deal I was emailed was This Saturday, February 9th, book your cruise to Mexico and you can save up to $200* and receive a FREE stateroom upgrade.

Is it worth it to book this way or go through something like vacations to go? Will there be a better deal?

Just want to get a good rate... first cruise for our boys (3 and 6) and they keep seeing commercials and asking when we are going on a big boat!

I'm sure Carnival's stateroom upgrade will just be to move you up 1 deck, within the same category. Probably about a $30 savings pp.

I'm in a similar situation as you with a child. We're in Phoenix and San Diego/LA ports are way more convenient (and cheap) than flying to the east coast. But we went for the RCCL Freedom of the Seas leaving 6/1. Just 2 days after school gets out here.

Good luck! Have fun!

Jay

call carnival and see what rate they give you

then also look online and compare,

according to my pvp carnival is suppose to price match..

they did that for us recently..

our cruise went down about 40$ per person, they honored it .

it was right before final payment was due.

Archived